Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Premium Content on PS4?

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is there a way to watch Premium content on the PS4?

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LeStephan

Yep, only the live stuff doesnt work. The rest just works as long as you are logged in, cuz it needs to use the html player.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch premium content all the time on PS4 by logging into Giant Bomb through the PS4 internet browser. It's not the most eloquent setup, but it gets the job done. As already mentioned, you can't watch the live streaming content.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By emfromthesea

Has the Giant Bomb guys ever talked about doing an app for the current consoles? I imagine that you probably have to jump through some hoops to get something like that, but it'd be a great feature. Maybe something for far in the future.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Has the Giant Bomb guys ever talked about doing an app for the current consoles? I imagine that you probably have to jump through some hoops to get something like that, but it'd be a great feature. Maybe something for far in the future.

I think Jeff has said they're not opposed to doing it but don't have any current plans?

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@meatball said:

@sunbrozak said:

I think Jeff has said they're not opposed to doing it but don't have any current plans?

Yeah, if I remember correctly he mentioned it on one of the podcasts - something along the lines of "we would like to do it, but you know, budgets".

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: Thanks! I had tried playing a video before logging in and it told me I needed a Flash or HTML5 browser so I assumed it didn't work. Logging in works!

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah this has been brought up before. It would be great to be able to watch premium live streams on the consoles. But like someone mentioned Jeff said something like it not being a priority and budgets etc.

anden4300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, i never thought about using the browser on the PS4 does the video play without lag and in hd?. the browser on consoles to me has always seemed kinda clunky and slow when it comes to video playing. An app could be cool, but is most likely not going to happen, at least not in the near future.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can watch all their non premium streams on their twitch page it works just in the browser. I wanna say some premium streams work and some don't. I've had 50% luck with it, its not a great browser.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.