Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Prospective PS4 owner here: How do you like yours?

• 61 results
    Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not impressed so far. Granted, I don't own one personally, but we've got several on the military base I'm stationed. It just doesn't seem all that powerful to me. I've never been a PC gamer, but now more than ever I'm thinking about just buying a monster rig.

ZokuGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You will absolutely get more power from a PC gaming rig than from any console, there's no question. And a laptop is similarly far more powerful than an iPad, yet many people will choose to sit on their couch with a Dualshock 4 in their hands, or an iPad in their hands, in either case giving up some performance for a form factor and user experience they prefer. There's no right answer. Steam is a great service, as well.

thedarkmatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it, but I also love my xbox one and Wii U. I do miss a few features such as being able to play my custom soundtrack, having custom themes and such, but I'm sure we'll see these in coming updates. This is gonna be a great generation, I can feel it!

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@amafi: definitely not touching your Vita... Your probably on the bowl to much leading to the controller not getting used enough.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got mine this weekend with infamous, last of us , UFC and killzone. Like it a lot. Interface is not busy and easy to find stuff. Games look great. Controller a feels great.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By stryker1121

@darkstalker said:

Got mine this weekend with infamous, last of us , UFC and killzone. Like it a lot. Interface is not busy and easy to find stuff. Games look great. Controller a feels great.

Nice! Was going to pony up for the system next week and pick up infamous at the least, maybe TLoU or Diablo3.

DasBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got one yesterday with The Last of Us. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I think Playstation Now is really interesting. I've been playing MGS4 on it without too much trouble. When it's working, it's great but there's no mediocrity to it. Either it is working fine or it's completely unusable. I'm looking for a second game and thinking about AC4. Is it good enough to get despite the next one coming around in a couple months? I really liked AC2.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a fantastic box and a good investment, but right now, I don't have much to play for it. Destiny isn't doing it for me, so I don't think I'll really buy anything until Ubisoft's stuff hits in a few months. I'm more into Japanese games than Halo or anything else MS has to offer, so once those start coming more regularly (read: once Persona 5 comes out), I'll be using it very regularly. Also, Sportsfriends being free with PS+ this month is the best thing to ever happen in the history of mankind and almost justifies the console on its own. Just sayin'.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By VeggiesBro

@jpratt85: I thought AC4 was a great game for whatever it's worth. I guess the main thing to ask yourself is, do I need an AC fix immediately? Or can you wait the final few months as there is a bunch of other stuff coming out right away.

As far as the system goes. I've had mine since launch and I think it's great. The UI is clean and easy to understand. There are a few quirks I feel could be improved, like the friends list, but it'll get there eventually. I think my biggest source of frustration is the lack of games I'm interested in. Though, that may be changing soon enough.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

I have both a PS4 and an Xbox One and have had them since they came out, and honestly I think there is no point in owning them right now. There simply aren't enough games available, and with most of them coming out next year I think they should have held these consoles back until 2015. After finishing Infamous I haven't turned on my PS4 except to update it. If you have a PS3 or 360, I would say stick with those until more exclusives come out for the next gens...but it seems like you've already made up your mind about getting a PS4. I'm sure I'll be glad I have them this time next year, but there are better ways to spend $400.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#61  Edited By mechakirby

I've had a blast with it. Using it much more than I did when I got PS3 at launch. Though... that's not saying much. But for real, I've been constantly kept occupied by games since launch. I love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.