Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Ps3 to ps4 Games Upgrade

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I was wondering if I was to pay the $10 for the upgrade from ps3 CoD Ghosts to ps4 will the ps3 version still work?

smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@lord_xp: Yes your ps3 copy is unaffected. Thought you need to keep the disc to play the ps4 version i believe

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lol that would be terrible if it didn't.

And FYI the digital upgrade is super easy if you bought it digitally. Just go to the PS3 to PS4 section on the store and buy the upgrade for 10 bucks. I was wonderin how it would work.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Thank god. The ps3 version is my brothers and I have a ps4 so I upgraded it with a code on the ghosts paper inside the case. I'd feel terrible if I did that to him. Thanks guys. I don't think you need a disc. Its all digital

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lord_xp: you need to put the disc in order to play still

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need the disc because it's their failsafe to make sure you are just upgrading and not trying to cheat the system by sharing copies or selling it back or whatever.

Datajack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Datajack

You'll also get seperate sets of trophies if into that kind of thing. But the whole 1 time data transfer thing is a bit sketchy, specifically BF4.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@datajack said:

You'll also get seperate sets of trophies if into that kind of thing. But the whole 1 time data transfer thing is a bit sketchy, specifically BF4.

What's that? Is that a MP thing only? I upgraded Assassin's Creed 4 and didn't see anything about transfering data. Would be nice to transfer my save file if that is possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.