PS4 and my A40 mic is way too loud.

#1 Posted by Beeelow (17 posts) -

Title says it all. My friends say it's like I'm on a loudspeaker as compared to everyone else and Ive listened to myself on a message and it's true. I have moved the mic far away from my face, up, down and sideways. Nothing seems to help.

Is there anyone here with this same issue? Were you able to fix it somehow? Ive looked but I dont see anything about mic volume in the PS4 devices menu, am I missing something?

#2 Posted by themako2 (2 posts) -

No, mine is also, I dont think here is a fix as of yet. At least not that I heard of.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Put the mic on a table in front of you? That's all I've got. Sounds like an annoying issue. Definitely do some googling if you haven't already. There's got to be some sort of fix out there.

#4 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2584 posts) -

As you know from the Astro website forums, there is no solution for this right now. As they say, 'speech is silver; silence is golden'. Likely the solution will have to come from Sony in the form of a 'level' selection, something that PS3 has but PS4 does not.

#5 Posted by Beeelow (17 posts) -

Hopefully they come out with that soon

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.