Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 avaiable

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Lately I have been hearing that there has been a scarcity of PS4's for say the US. I went and checked the BIG OBVIOUS ONLINE SELLER right now, and they have them, $399.99. I'm not shilling, in fact I just fought off the urge, though I really do want a PS4. Japan must of decided to toss a few our way.

That this would be suspected of even being a thing I could sort of understand. Japan has the historical image of being insular in some cultural and ethnic ways. But it is mostly a tendency at worst. Sony wants to sell it's products. And I hear even more so, because the Sony corporation is actually struggling these days, and the Ps4 is a bright spot. At worst it would want to exhibit loyalty to it's native (but not only) core market, perhaps. But not at the expense of alienating all it's others. It is an international corporation. By my view, it is the Europeans in the past who might wonder about this the most, and perhaps Australia/New Zealand?

So anyways, PS4s are easily available. At the moment.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Amazon seems to be getting new stock every couple of weeks.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

No they aren't, just because Amazon managed to hold stock for a day doesn't mean they're available. In Canada they're little more than a myth of the future.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of which, @brad, PS4s are now in stock at store.sony.com. You can finally redeem those points!

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bybeach
    @strainedeyes said:

Speaking of which, @brad, PS4s are now in stock at store.sony.com. You can finally redeem those points!

Must of been a wham-bam thank-you ma'am. They are out of stock at Sony again, just checked.

It occurs to me now, I have read in threads the PS4 has been scarce in Canada, as posted above.

I'm wondering if the PS4 controller will work with my PS3 for demon souls. My newer PS3 controller just gave out, perhaps by impact w/the floor. I think Brad was using a PS4 controller....

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

My 2 local Targets always have 7 Xbones in stock whenever I visit but I have yet to see a PS4.

Apocrypha!

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Both consoles are readily available where I live but it wouldn't surprise me if either is scarce in some parts just because of the time of year. It's tax season and a lot of people will get their return and instantly blow it on shit they don't need, especially poor people who get the earned income credit. I was in Best Buy and two of the poorest looking fuckers with 4 kids in tow were purchasing a PS4 and and an Xbox One. They don't have a pot to piss in but at least they have over a grand in new gaming hardware and software.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VierasTalo

My local stores tend to have at least one PS4 floating around any given day, and I live in Finland of all places.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By strainedeyes

@bybeach said:
    @strainedeyes said:

I'm wondering if the PS4 controller will work with my PS3 for demon souls. My newer PS3 controller just gave out, perhaps by impact w/the floor. I think Brad was using a PS4 controller....

Yes, I believe Demon's Souls is confirmed to work with it.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SomeJerk

The US gets the priority in stock. Japan gets about 25k units a week.

If you live outside North America and your PS4 develops a fault you "can live with for a while", RMA it ASAP. I had to wait three weeks in Sweden, got it back in time for GZ. We've also got f'all units floating around, waiting lists until May, still.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, here in Michigan Target, Best Buy, and Meijer usually have one or 2 in stock. definitely not hard to find. In mid January I walked into a Best Buy and they had a bunch. If you look hard enough you'll be able to find one.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I don't know if I would say they're easily available just yet. I know Amazon tweets when a new shipment of PS4s are in stock. The last one I saw was last Thursday, on the 13th, and before then, there was another restocking on the 4th. Either this shipment is lasting them longer due to demand being lower than before, this supply being greater than before, or they had gotten more in stock before they ran out again. Who knows?

If they can go for a month without having to notify people when it's back in stock, then I'd consider it easily available. They haven't really needed to do anything similar this year for other consoles outside of the Titanfall bundle's launch.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What's interesting is I still don't see ps4s a ton in stores. In fact, my local target never seems to have the in stock. Xbone's on the other hand they usually have about 3 or 4.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I haven't seen a single PS4 in stock in Toronto anytime I have visited Best Buy or other electronic stores. To be fair I've only seen a few places with the X1 in stock.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They're readily available now. I see them all the time now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.