Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 Bundles!?

SupesDupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Eh o, one and all!

Went into an EB Games today hoping to pick up a PS4 in a bundle to save a little cash, and to my chagrin, found nothin' to go crazy for. EB offers an MLB The Show Bundle, I believe Best Buy/Future Shop have a Call of Duty Bundle still goin'. Everywhere else is taking preorders for the Destiny Bundle to come in September.

What to do for a soon to be new playstation user who's not a big baseball or COD fan? I'm really looking forward to the Last of Us Remastered (should note that I never had a Playstation of any kind) which comes out in a couple of weeks, I might pick up FIFA14 (or wait til' FIFA15), as well as Assassin's Creed, and I'm waiting on NHL15. Other than that I'm hoping some digital games will keep me busy.

Just need a little advice. Would YOU buy the console separately and pick up the games piece by piece? Or does anyone out there know about a great bundle deal I haven't been able to find with a quick google search?

Thanks for the input,

SupesDupes.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

You could preorder the Destiny bundle I guess? There's an InFamous one with a 3 month PS+ card but that costs about $500 which is about the same price separately.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There's a Last of Us Remastered bundle coming, but that might be a Europe only thing. There's also an Infamous bundle but that is the exact same price as buying the console and the game seperately.

I would just buy the console and whatever games you want, the PS4 is doing really well so they have no incentive to have a sale.

SupesDupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos: I would, but honestly, I just don't want to wait that long. That, and I don't care for the white/glacier PS4. My current 360 has been on its last legs for a few months, roommate's out of town, seems like a good time to get a new system.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@supesdupes: Maybe you can get this? http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS4-Console-Solution-Bundle-with-Choice-Game-and-Extra-Controller-18-Savings/33736114

You're not gonna be able to save a lot of money on this stuff yet.

SupesDupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SupesDupes

@sethphotopoulos: Wow, that actually looks perfect for me. Controller + game of choice for $99.

I guess I should have clarified that I live in Canada, and apparently, the PS4 console (no bundle) is $449. Luckily I'm in a border town, so now I'm off to find the safest Walmart in Detroit. Wish me luck in that endeavour as that isn't as easy as it sounds.

Thanks for the help man, appreciate it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supesdupes: The gas to get to Detroit and back will probably cost you 50 bucks.

SupesDupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Hah, no way! You Americans pay pennies on the dollar compared to our Canadian gas prices. Hell, I'll fuel up while I'm there, increase those savings a bit!

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supesdupes: Make sure it's not online only and they'll let you do it at the store before you go.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupesDupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Eh, o! Well I guess I foolishly assumed you didn't know about Canada's high gas prices. Turns out you weren't aware of America's (relatively, yet shocking in comparison) lower gas prices then.

@sethphotopoulos: Good call. Thanks again.

Avatar image for houseofballoons
    HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might wanna check this out if you're from Canada - You mentioned you're excited for TLoU so this could be up your alley: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/28/the-last-of-us-remastered-canada-exclusive-ps4-bundle-announced/

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shindig

As a guy on the other side of the Atlantic all I can suggest is to maybe shop around and, if you have to, jigsaw a bundle together. When I finally snapped and bought a PS4 it was a used console with two used and one new game. And 12 months PS Plus.

Of course, that depends on how keen you are to buy used. I can understand preferring to get a new unit as my used one only comes with a 6-month store guarantee.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.