PS4 Deleting games on its own?

#1 Posted by Mister_V (960 posts) -

Ok so I can't explain this. I download AC4 and played a couple of hours of it. everything working fine. I save the game. Put the PS4 into sleep mode and go do somthing else. I come back a 10 mins later an figure I'll try the remote play on the Vita. So I boot the PS4 back up, connect the VITA and then notice AC4 is not showing in system menu. I go into the library, click on AC4 and it starts downloading again!!

I have looked around but as far as I can tell the PS4 just deleted the game? has anyone else had this.. I can't explain how this could happen....

#2 Posted by afrofools (1291 posts) -

3 potential triggers:

1. The playstation is posessed
  2. You downloaded the Vita version of AC4
  3. There was a bug

I don't know how the remote play feature works. Can you boot/start the game on the console and then continue on the handheld? That may work better than requesting the console to boot the game from the handheld.

#3 Posted by Pie (6935 posts) -

It's a feature

#4 Edited by Mister_V (960 posts) -

Ok so I think one of two things may have happend here.

1. I turned off the PS4 while it was still downloading the rest of the game and that caused it to loose the data (unlikely)

2. After I finished playing the game I thought I went into options and hit close program. I may have however clicked on delete.

Either way it was probably my fault.

#5 Posted by kaos_cracker (538 posts) -

Was it the digital version of the game? Because they take a while to download. Plus some games let you play as you download.

#6 Posted by PurplePeoplePlum (1 posts) -

Does anyone have an idea if you can re-download and not lose and of its data? Because I might of got Warframe and spent some money and accidently deleted it trying to close it...

#7 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

Is the close button really close to the delete button? Doesn't it offer you a double-check prompt?

#8 Edited by Nightriff (4338 posts) -

@oginor: If he wasn't paying attention he could've deleted it, I've almost done it a time or two.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (13847 posts) -

@oginor: If he wasn't paying attention he could've deleted it, I've almost done it a time or two.

Indeed. You just have to train yourself to realize when doing PS Button -> Options Button to close that you don't have to scroll so you can just hit PS Button --> Options --> X without thinking about it.

#10 Posted by Tearhead (2102 posts) -

Dude, this just literally happened to me. BF4 just disappeared from my PS4, no idea what happened. Now I have to download 36gb all over again, ugh!

#11 Posted by Marcsman (2873 posts) -

Skynet has gained awareness. You were all warned...............................

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.