Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 digital game prices for UK All EA games are £62.99!!

wibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

PS4 digital game prices revealed for UK All EA games are priced at £62.99!!

Their Xbox One equivalents cost £54.99!!!

A list PS4 digital game prices for the console's UK launch has been revealed.

The list, courtesy of The Sixth Axis, consists of nineteen titles: thirteen retail games, five digital ones and one free-to-play shooter.

As the PS4 release date is this Friday, November 29 in the UK, the list below can be considered incomplete, because other launch titles such as NBA 2K14, Sound Shapes, Flower and DC Universe Online have yet to be added to the PlayStation Store.

Of particular note are the EA titles, which are priced at £62.99.

• Killzone Shadow Fall: 38.2GB - £52.99
    • Call of Duty: Ghosts: 31.8GB - £54.99
    • FIFA 14: 9.9GB - £62.99
    • Battlefield 4: 36.4GB - £62.99
    • Need for Speed Rivals 16GB - £62.99
    • Knack 34.8GB - £52.99
    • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: 21.7GB - £57.99
    • Resogun: 460MB - £12.79 (Free with PS+)
    • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: 6.4GB - £52.99
    • NBA Live 14: 9.3GB - £62.99
    • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition: 21.7GB - £52.99
    • Just Dance 2014: 22GB - £42.99
    • Contrast: 2.3GB - £12.79 (Free with PS+)
    • Super Motherload: 393MB - £11.99
    • Trine 2: Complete Story: 2.6GB - £14.49
    • Putty Squad: 818MB - £13.99
    • Madden NFL 25: 13.1GB - £62.99
    • Angry Birds Star Wars: 1.5GB - £32.99
    • Warframe 4.1GB - Free

Source

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Yeah it's crazy but I'm sure people will explain why there is no reason to panic and why thinking this is crazy is silly

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wonder why people consider them the worst video game company.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Petiew

Prices on the UK PSN have always been ridiculous. They were charging £60 for the PS3 version of AC4 as well. I hope they never go full digital either because I'm not buying games for these kind of prices.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Sooty

This is exactly why you cannot trust consoles to be digital only, so long as they remain closed platforms.

They aren't much better on PC either; Origin prices are a fucking joke compared to buying boxed or from sites such as Green Man Gaming.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fucking Sony fanbpys ruined everything. If everything was digital, it'd be cheaper for everyone!

/s

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Wraxend

Well considering £47 is the most I've had to pay for the games I'm getting on release this is a fucking joke. The day consoles go digital only will be the day I switch to just PC unless they sort out these insane prices.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested to hear about the sales for some of the more expensive titles, though I assume they'll never get announced. And I really can't see many people forking out £65 for a copy of Madden over here in the UK. I know that there's some people over here that love the sport, but there's not that many.

To go slightly off-topic, the main problem I have the Xbox On-Demand stuff is that their prices never go down except for certain deals and offers. I remember seeing something like Skate 2 still up there for around £30 not too long ago, and I'm sure there's some even higher prices for even older games. I really don't see why they are at that high, unless people are continuing to buy them; but we never hear the numbers either way. I would have spent way more on that store if some things were just £10 cheaper, but as it is, I'll continue to go to the Pre-Owned sections.

I bet they could hire a guy on minimum wage to check out ebay for second hand prices on games and alter the prices to around there and make enough money on it for that guy's salary at least twice over.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you not agree that EA makes games that are superior to all others?

Anyway. That's hundred bucks.

A lot for one game.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Sooty

@biggiedubs said:

I'd be interested to hear about the sales for some of the more expensive titles, though I assume they'll never get announced. And I really can't see many people forking out £65 for a copy of Madden over here in the UK. I know that there's some people over here that love the sport, but there's not that many.

To go slightly off-topic, the main problem I have the Xbox On-Demand stuff is that their prices never go down except for certain deals and offers. I remember seeing something like Skate 2 still up there for around £30 not too long ago, and I'm sure there's some even higher prices for even older games. I really don't see why they are at that high, unless people are continuing to buy them; but we never hear the numbers either way. I would have spent way more on that store if some things were just £10 cheaper, but as it is, I'll continue to go to the Pre-Owned sections.

I bet they could hire a guy on minimum wage to check out ebay for second hand prices on games and alter the prices to around there and make enough money on it for that guy's salary at least twice over.

Microsoft don't really know how to discount. This is the same company that thought competing with PS+ meant giving Halo 3 away for free 6 years after it came out.

They could really use some new blood over at their Xbox Live department.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just another reason to stick to my PC i think : /

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SomeJerk

Physical stores in the UK made THQ not release a Steamworks PC game on Steam. They are behind part of this.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Levio
    @pie said:

Yeah it's crazy but I'm sure people will explain why there is no reason to panic and why thinking this is crazy is silly

Normally I'd yell at people for ignoring the PPP value, but the British pound's PPP to USD is only 8%, so the net value of a pound is still about 150% of the USD.

So really all you can blame is marketers for figuring out that a subset of British consumers way overvalue EA games.

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd like to think this would change soon as no one would pay that much extra but the prices on UK PSN have been messed up for a while and we still have that singstar icon despite complaints.

If you look at the prices on Origin in the UK their game prices are much high than physical copies, don't know if that's the same in the US.

maverick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leave it to EA to twist a good idea like digital downloads and screw ppl over because they're money hungry bastards.

wibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wibby: So this is where Sony make up the $100 that the xbone costs...

Immortal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it - with my download speed, it would be quicker for me to drive down to the shops, buy a 40 GB game disc, and drive back than it would be to download a game - and now you're telling me it would be cheaper too?

At this rate, in 10 years time we'll be living in the all physical future...

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By TreeTrunk

Perhaps they want you to buy physical for the time being as their servers are not capable yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
    deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're all bad at this, all the big publishers put out games that are completely inflated for PSN because they know they control the price and there's no download competition...

Thee fucking worst thing they do though, is when they do deals and offers and say shit like "UP TO 33% OFF SALES" like they did for Battlefield 3 in the summer for £30(ish) for the normal game. Not the premium version with all the maps, weapons etc. but the base game. I happened to be walking around the supermarket later on that week and seen the premium edition for £20 (roughly) and just thought "This is why we can't have nice things... because publishers are too greedy and the platform holders are so monolithic with their online stores... this is why an only digital future won't work for a while on consoles"

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand who would ever buy on PSN or XBLA, I was looking at the games on demand prices for Gears Of War Judgment and it was £49.99. It's ridiculous

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

At the current exchange rate that's 70% more expensive than US retail pricing.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By GunstarRed

Considering that a bunch of PS3 games on the store have been £50 for quite a while, I don't really see how this can be that much of a shock.

Nubikal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nubikal

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.