PS4 manufacturing sabotaged?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by yakov456 (1897 posts) -

My wife was cruising 2chan and found a post about this with a link. An supposed intern said they purposely messed with production because of working conditions. Could this even be possible? http://corruptedcartridge.com/ps4-sabotaged-news/

#2 Posted by yakov456 (1897 posts) -

Sorry about the link. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to GB on my tablet.

#3 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4138 posts) -
#4 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

I call BS, since the malfunctioning PS4s act up in a variety of ways that is unpredicatble. Mine was able to put out video, but still failed and then wouldn't turn on at all. Some had hard drive issues, some did have the pulsing blue light / no video output issue.

#5 Posted by yakov456 (1897 posts) -

Thanks for fixing the link. The more I think about it, the more it seems possible. Not even sure how this issue would then be resolved.

#6 Posted by MB (11900 posts) -

After doing a little of my own due diligence on this "story", I am closing this topic.

The story linked at the site "corruptedcartridge.com" is written by an "aspiring journalist" - essentially a nobody, who himself linked to a thread on IGN as his only source which was closed because it also stated the same intern sabotage story with zero corroborating evidence.

There is absolutely nothing to back this nonsense up. If something legitimate does surface, we'll go from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.