PS4 more quieter post firmware updates?

#1 Posted by ChoboBot (129 posts) -

I've noticed that my PS4 fans tend to go full throttle less often now sonce these firmware updates. Is it me or has anyone else experienced the same?

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3835 posts) -

My PS4 does not sound like a jet anymore when playing Killzone!

#3 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2961 posts) -

hrmm..

I never really noticed it was loud before...

Oh well. Cool for you duders though!

#4 Edited by Demoskinos (14579 posts) -

@geraltitude: The ps4 dynamically changes its fan speed depending on how hot it gets. So depending on what game(s) your playing it might never get that hot. I know when I play BF4 it always spins up the fans pretty loud once I'm in game.

#5 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

My PS4 is always quiet unless I play all day. Which happened once and it wasn't that loud.

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15851 posts) -

I don't think I've ever noticed the fan on my PS4. I've heard the disc drive whirr as a disc starts spinning, but never the fan.

#7 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

My fans kick on loudly add the system turns on initially. Then it goes pretty silent.

#8 Edited by ChrisHarris (275 posts) -

My fan was only noticeable in either a really quiet room or when I turned the system on its side. The fan would vibrate a little when the PS4 was standing vertically, so I just kept it lying down.

#9 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1918 posts) -

It is mucher morer quieter.

#10 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

More quiter? TC needs to stop playing his damaged PS4 and hit the books for a bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.