Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Ps4 not displaying full RGB when playing Blu Ray's?

Forkstik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hey dudes!

i just got my ps4 and went into the sound and screen settings, to switch RGB to FULL instead of limited. All games are running in Full RGB but, when i play blu rays it displays the movies in limited RGB. Anyone know how to fix it or have a similar problem?

thx ! :)

Khronikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Blurays are naturally limited 16-235 with access to super white/black. I use my PS3 because the HDMI audio options are terrible on PS4 so not sure about bluray playback. I do switch my PS3 to limited though to watch them.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

On ps3 the Blu ray settings were seperate from game/video settings, maybe that's the case with ps4 as well? Maybe your tv has some sort of setting for automatic rgb detection... I dunno. I found this thread, so maybe it has info that can help you out. Hopefully when I get my ps4 in the future this isnt an issue, because Im a blu ray junkie and would prefer to switch out my ps3 for the ps4 (faster disc drive and all)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.