Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 Real Name Request Notification

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By r3beld0gg

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal. I got a real name request from a friend, not a real friend but likely someone on here responding to me leaving my name on the sticky thread from this site. Anyway, he sent me a real name request. I went in and refused it, but the PS4 still shows it under Name Requests in the Friends tab.

I'm one of those people who can't stand having notifications and not clearing them. I f'ing HATED the Gears on Xbox 360 games for making me go in and clear it every time I got a damned ribbon. Lollypop Chainsaw... I disabled my voice mail. I don't care if you want to leave me a message. Learn to text... but I can't stand that little icon...

Anyway... just wondering if anyone else noticed this or if I'm missing something. I'm hoping there's a fix for it in the works... that little 1 on my menu is mocking me. I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have 2 and I'm not going to accept them unless I know them enough. But yeah, it was weird to get them.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@r3beld0gg: Did the same to me, but you can remove them by pressing the options button, then delete.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This whole real name thing is stupid.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You ninnies. I'm with Jeff: real name or get off my friends list.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal. I got a real name request from a friend, not a real friend but likely someone on here responding to me leaving my name on the sticky thread from this site. Anyway, he sent me a real name request. I went in and refused it, but the PS4 still shows it under Name Requests in the Friends tab.

The way around this is simple. Go into your console settings and change your "real name." First name: r3bel Last name: d0gg

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r3beld0gg said:

The way around this is simple. Go into your console settings and change your "real name." First name: r3bel Last name: d0gg

Not a great solution, really. I can't really see myself using my real name with anyone as I don't know anyone IRL with a PS4, but I may decide to at some point. Also, it doesn't solve the problem of the PS4 leaving the notification active after you respond to the request. The better solution was suggested above by metalbaofu. I didn't realize I had the option to delete the notification. Still, hopefully this will be remedied in a future update.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I dont know I find the whole idea of using real names on game consoles sort of....weird? Like plenty if my online only friends know my real name and are Facebook friends with me but I dunno I sort of like having a screen name when it comes to mah vidya games.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BurBan_Snake

I KNOW REAL NAMES WITH JEFF

WE REQUESTED AND ACCEPTED

YOLO

A NAME IS A NAME, ITS NOT LIKE EVERYONES A FUCKIN' CRAZED INTERNET STALKER PSYCHOPATH

YOU GIVE OUT YOUR NAME EVERY FUCKING DAY TO EVERYONE YOU SEE

DONT BE A WEIRDO

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

YOLO

A NAME IS A NAME, ITS NOT LIKE EVERYONES A FUCKIN' CRAZED INTERNET STALKER PSYCHOPATH

DONT BE A WEIRDO

I feel like this man will stab you if you don't listen to him.

I accept all real name requests that come my way but you're right, it is kind of weird having total strangers hanging out on my list.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOLO

DONT BE A WEIRDO

Yeah but ANONYMOUS and stuff. You can't be a douchebag if people know your real name.

What if they get a phone book and look you up? Or go on Facebook and find you?

And then what happens when they come to your house with a knife and murder you while you're asleep?

What then?

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@random45: Congratulate him on surviving my front door shotgun

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nasar7 said:

real name or get off my friends list.

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nasar7 said:

You ninnies. I'm with Jeff: real name or get off my friends list.

Word!

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care if people have my real name online. And I can guarantee that I'm the only person in the world with my name, because I'm the last-known male left carrying my last name (my father is doing life in prison, and the other dudes with the name are too old to have kids). Come find me from PSN and chop me up if you want. lol. Send me all the real name requests you want, I'm NMeck702 on PSN. I don't have many real names on my list, so you'll stand out more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.