Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 Share Play - Can't give controller

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

I was just trying out the PS4's Share Play function with a buddy. When he was hosting everything worked fine. However, when I was hosting, he wasn't able to use the controller, and we have no idea why.

He was in my party, we could talk to each other, he could see my screen, he even received notifications that he was passed a controller, but he was never able to control anything. When I tried to give him my controller both of us got a notification of that, but I was still the one controlling the game.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? We both have PS Plus and our (wired) connections are definitely fast enough (otherwise he wouldn't be able to host a coop game without any issues), so those are unlikely to be the culprits. Is there perhaps a setting one of us isn't thinking of? Or is this a bug?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at that.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, the only potential issue that page mentions was the parental settings, which I had never touched before and were all already switched to 'allow'. So although I haven't yet had the change to try out Share Play again, it doesn't seem that was it. Thanks anyway though.

Does anyone else have any idea what could have been causing this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.