PS4 User Interface/Features Shown

• 72 results
#51 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

God I hate "gamers" as shown on TV.

Still, showing that they're continuing to expand off-console PS+ stuff is awesome.

#52 Edited by cloudymusic (1063 posts) -

@mister_v said:

@keres: Pretty sure you can start game downloads from the web already on the 360.

But still it is a nice feature.

Yep, sure can. But not the PS3, as far as I know. :P

#53 Posted by Pezen (1569 posts) -

Man, that Will dude is really vintage.

I really hope PS4 UI design (and functionality) turns out well. Hated the XMB.

#54 Edited by Kiri90 (256 posts) -

@shookems said:

Sarah Greene could get it

"Dude I don't got dat man" needs to become a meme

Here you go:

Enjoy!

#55 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@keres said:

@mister_v said:

@keres: Pretty sure you can start game downloads from the web already on the 360.

But still it is a nice feature.

Yep, sure can. But not the PS3, as far as I know. :P

It just recently came out for PS3.

#56 Posted by djou (863 posts) -

I wonder how they will handle on screen typing? Whether they will include some type of good speech capture software or use the touchpad at a cursor.

The video showed a white dot that lets you navigate of the old virtual keypad. This seems less than ideal. It might be good to this linked to the touchpad in some way.

IMO, the best option would be just to allow people to use a keyboard, but that may be wishful thinking.

#57 Posted by dropabombonit (1484 posts) -

Sarah Greene is playing hard to get

#59 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -
#60 Posted by Maajin (1052 posts) -

Oh my god, this is the beast thread. I love you guys.

#61 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

DUDE

#62 Posted by SMGBlanket (20 posts) -
#63 Posted by themonkeyworks (71 posts) -

I know its all canned, but it looks comparable to LIVE .. really looking forward to seeing it run

#64 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

I know its all canned, but it looks comparable to LIVE .. really looking forward to seeing it run

If they can keep the ad spam out/to a minimum, it looks like it could be a great UI.

#65 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

It may have more features but it looks less intuitive than the xmb. I hate what mobile is doing to interface design, tile based bullshit.

#66 Edited by xyzygy (9899 posts) -

I want to see more of the UI. The stuff they've shown looks very interesting, I wish they'd do a demo video or something.

@krakn3dfx said:

@themonkeyworks said:

If they can keep the ad spam out/to a minimum, it looks like it could be a great UI.

Ad spam? I have my 360 on right now and there are 4 ads "spamming" my UI across 7 tabs - one in the Home section, one in Games, one in Music and one in TV+Video. And to top it off, they are all placed on the opposite end of the screen from where the cursor defaults to, so you're never even forced to fly over them. AND they're always the small tiles. I will never get this argument that the dashboard is riddled with advertisements.

#67 Edited by Unilad (556 posts) -

THAT ADVERT WAS FUCKING CRINGE. Most convincing actor was the fridge freezer.

Features look sick though.

ps. @chaser324 - Mumford & Sons are WAY too mainstream for hipsters now. I agree with how painful it was to watch.

#68 Edited by HouseOfBalloons (45 posts) -

@hunter5024: TBH, I personally dislike the current XMB and prefer the tile setup. It makes everything look cleaner overall, sort of like Google's new card UI.

#69 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

@houseofballoons: I agree that it looks cooler, but I think functionality is more important than looks.

#70 Posted by ColonelRick (114 posts) -

ARE YOU PLAYING - OPEN QUOTATION MARKS- KNACK - CLOSE QUOATION MARKS-?!

Because regular people always send chat messages like that, rofl.

#71 Posted by acer51 (34 posts) -

Looks too facebooke for me but other then that it's alright.

#72 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Guy lives in a garage but can afford a PS4????

#73 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

Now that the UI has been shown in a more real time, non-staged setting, I really like what they have done to it. I really hope they continue doing different themes so I can make my ps4 into something more personal for my tastes. Also, being able to re-arrange icons and those tiles around would be neat to be able to do.

#74 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

I'll be honest, minus living in a tinfoil shack, that's pretty much how I live my life.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.