Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 viral teaser Street Fighter for PS4?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

Packed with references to Capcom's famous fighting game franchise and tagged with the#4ThePlayers hashtag, this viral video from Sony seems to indicate something Street Fighter is happening on the PlayStation 4, but what? P

VG24/7 looks to have been the first to post the "Hadouken Cabs" viral this morning, sent to them in an email from Sony. It's got a Ryu cosplayer posing, a fake phone number that's actually the release date of the original Street Fighter game in Japanese arcades, and a flash of the PS4 controller for good measure.

Visitors to the HadoukenCabs.com website, registered to Sony marketing agency 180 Amsterdam, are treated to a delightfully old-school web surfing experience, complete with recorded audio referencing popular Street Fighter characters in the "Talk To An Operator" popup.

Obviously PlayStation 4, obviously Street Fighter, but what is it? A PlayStation 4 port of the upcoming Ultra Street Fighter IV? A downloadable compilation of previous games in the series?Crazy Taxi meets Street Fighter (I wish)?

Kotaku

What do you guys think ? USF 4 for PS4? F2P SF ? or will Tekken X Street Fighter be revealed ?

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever it is I'm in there. USF4 on PS4 would be my guess though.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Whatever it is I'm in there. USF4 on PS4 would be my guess though.

As much as I'd like that to be true...

Then again, a lot can change in 4 months.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

It'd be very smart of them to get Ultra SFIV out on the PS4, start getting the arcade stick manufacturers pumping out sticks for the system. It's also useful because nobody wants to have to have an old console around to play SFIV a few years from now. (well I don't mind, I have it on PC too)

That said, I'm still hoping my Qanba will work on the PS4.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I wonder if it isn't some sort of Street Fighter collection, maybe?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Maybe capcom is jumping on the free to play fighting game bandwagon?

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlexGBRO

it could be SF 5 but i think that will be a 2015 game

or it could be that tekken vs SF game a ps4 exclusive in 2014

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

We didn't know about PS4 Injustice until a few shorts weeks ago, if they're teasing this, I'm guessing we'll hear something on or before their 11/14 launch event.

Capcom is hurting financially right now, if Sony offered to throw the development money into a PS4 version of the game, that would be a pretty big deal for them worldwide to be able to announce as a next gen exclusive.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Some people are saying PS4 exclusive SF4 port. That would be crazy.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I don't see any version of Street Fighter 4 being a selling point, but maybe this is some way Sony tries to move in with EVO support or something. I don't know. Maybe announcing a new HD port to PS4?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince

@sammo21: maybe I hang with the wrong crowd of people but SF is a pretty big deal to them.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StarvingGamer

According to Ono there's supposed to be a new announcement about Ultra SFIV this week. Would coincide well with the Sony launch so maybe it is a PS4 port after all. Or maybe they bought PS3 exclusivity and took the game away from Microsoft which would be impossible but hilarious.

@krakn3dfx said:

Capcom is hurting financially right now, if Sony offered to throw the development money into a PS4 version of the game, that would be a pretty big deal for them worldwide to be able to announce as a next gen exclusive.

Capcom's revenue year on year rose by $120 million.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Genfuyung

I really hope its Ultra SFIV coming to PS4. That would be awesome.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By donchipotle

It's Rival Schools 3.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it is totally a PS4 Street Fighter IV Teaser. Nice didn't Ono said a week or so ago that they do not have the menpower and budget to do one? Guess he was lying like always XD

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JazGalaxy

I can't imagine SFIV on PS4 being buzzworthy in any context. It couldn't look or play any better than the PS3 version so... what's the point?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't imagine SFIV on PS4 being buzzworthy in any context. It couldn't look or play any better than the PS3 version so... what's the point?

1080P. Future build up for this IP. Fighting community will switch to PS4 after EVO 2014 and their MS deal.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

Yeah it is totally a PS4 Street Fighter IV Teaser. Nice didn't Ono said a week or so ago that they do not have the menpower and budget to do one? Guess he was lying like always XD

He said that in July. It's possibly Sony threw a bunch of money his way in the interim.

It would be a big deal to the fighting game community, especially if it turned out to be an exclusive.

TaunT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TaunT

I think it is Free to play street fighter 4 on the PS4. Something with really heavy e-sports stat tracking, heavy ranking system, really grab the free to play market. Street Fighter 4 Revolution.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The prospect of people shelling out money for the same game they already own with a couple more scanlines is a concept my brain doesn't wrap around. Evo wants it? What is that, like 100 copies?

In other news, I think the prospect of it being that legacy content is much more likely seeing as how the commercial seemed to reference multiple generations of Street Fighter titles.

Notice how that quotes said there were only {S3 and 360 versions "right now"). That "right now" would likely last right up until it's announced for PS4 this week.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taunt said:

I think it is Free to play street fighter 4 on the PS4. Something with really heavy e-sports stat tracking, heavy ranking system, really grab the free to play market. Street Fighter 4 Revolution.

Something tells me that if Capcom was going to do something F2P, it wouldn't be Street Fighter. It would be something more like that Capcom Fighting All Stars or whatever. Something where they could leverage more than just SF.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.