Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

ps4 wifi and ipad issues

Meyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

I was wondering has anyone else had issues using thier ipad over wifi when the ps4 is turned on using the same access point?

When my ps4 is just turned on idle on the dashboard and I try to use the net on ipad is goes super slow or just doesn't work once I turn the ps4 off wifi works normal again. the ps3 is right near the ps4 and that doesnt cause any issues to the wifi when i use the ipad.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not seen that issue myself. Have you got any wired port forwarding set on the router? Also streaming to twitch seems to kill most home networks.

Meyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ah I don't know much about routers really just know it works fine for all my wireless devices ps4 is the first thing to throw a spanner in the works. like I said though when the ps4 is just idle its still screwing the wifi up

egan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had that problem with a PS3 and a laptop only one would work at a time, but if I plugged the PS3 via ethernet they both would work. I checked to see if they were somehow trying to both connect with the same IP assigned from the router but that wasn't the case so I just put it down to some sort of interference.

Meyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea I suspect if I just buy a cable and hardwire the ps4 then it will be problem solved probably will just end up doing that rather than stressing over the issue.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope. I have my ps4 wired into my Linksys EA6500 router and my iPad on wifi and everything works like a dream. No issues with iPad and Xone one Wifi either.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This problem is on your end, pal. Not sure what it is though.

Ukgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ukgav

@meyplay: I have this issue ps4 lags when the ipad is in but only the ipad it was the same with Virgin and the same with talk talk

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.