Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PSN unacceptable

• 81 results
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

224/6396mb - 41 hours left, and this is only 1/6th of the size it said it was!

I don't have a fast internet connection, but this is a joke.

I had slow speeds on my ps3, but I assumed this was due to the shitty wifi adaptor inside... It is past Christmas now, how can you allow such pathetic speeds?

I am trying to upgrade my ps3 BF4 to a ps4 version, and it would be quicker for me to work a week at work, buy an Xbox One, buy BF4 and start playing it on that!

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Heltom92

PSN downloads on PS4 have been way better than PS3 for me, it probably is due to high traffic still.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I haven't had any download issues. I don't want to sound like a prick but you sound more like you're whining than anything else. Don't forget that both WiiU and XBone has some slowdown issues the past week because of new users from Christmas. I downloaded all of Killzone on Ps4 in less than 40 minutes back in November. Then again I am on 100mbps internet connection. I downloaded all of Zen Pinball 2, Flower, and Fifa in less than 1.5 hours this week...so I think your complaining is a bit hyperbolic and you should check with your ISP before heading down the "HOLY SHIT ITS ON FIRE, SCREW SONY HARD!" diatribes.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Have you tried it wired? it could be a problem with your wifi. The speeds on the PS4 have been way faster than the PS3 for me.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sambambo

@sammo21 said:

I haven't had any download issues. I don't want to sound like a prick but you sound more like you're whining than anything else. Don't forget that both WiiU and XBone has some slowdown issues the past week because of new users from Christmas. I downloaded all of Killzone on Ps4 in less than 40 minutes back in November. Then again I am on 100mbps internet connection. I downloaded all of Zen Pinball 2, Flower, and Fifa in less than 1.5 hours this week...so I think your complaining is a bit hyperbolic and you should check with your ISP before heading down the "HOLY SHIT ITS ON FIRE, SCREW SONY HARD!" diatribes.

What else am I doing other than whining?

Hyperbolic? Everything about is fact.

Check my ISP? Just downloaded Brothers on XBLA in what seemed like no time at all, while also watching HD Netflix. Everything else is working fine.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heltom92: I don't see how traffic is an acceptable answer at this moment in time. There will always be traffic, and it will only get worse.

@mister_v: Not yet, but every other device works fine. I guess Ill get one of those ethernet plugs and see how it holds up. Still, this is fucking stupid.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Semi related, but off topic question. Can an old modem bottleneck internet speeds? My family has had the same one for a long time, and Im questioning whether our speeds should be faster or not. I only get a little over 2mb/sec but speedtest/net says it should be 18.74

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS4 speeds have been excellent.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93: You can try some port forwarding tricks. Some routers don't play well with the type of packets used on networks like XBL and PSN. At one point I had a netgear router which dropped crucial Nintendo Wii and Xbox Live packets and I had to return it.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

All of my download times on the PS4 have been fine. I haven't tried to download anything over the Christmas period, but I'm sure that has something to do with it. The eShop on the 3DS has been consistently down for the last two or three days.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's definitely something on your end if you're getting downloads that long. My internet isn't very good and my download speeds haven't been remotely close to that.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you'll be getting Brothers Free next month, all will be well

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Sucks for you. My PSN speeds on PS4 approach my 4 MB/s + Steam download speeds and Yes... I mean MB and not mb.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Its on your end. I downloaded the initial 6GB install in 90 minutes of the same exact thing.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check your NAT settings. Also, I've had trouble before and just retested my connection a few times and it seemed to bump it up. I think every once in a while the ps4 has flashbacks of when it was a ps3 and it just needs to snap out of it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

My Wi-Fi connection is a bit wonky at times, which sucks, but download speeds have always been excellent.

Might just be Christmas traffic. Every online service buckles every now and then.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ps4 PSN has been fantastic in my experience, waay faster download speeds and rock solid. Maybe it is something on your end.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

PSN is as fast as Steam is for me now.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I hated, HATED the slow PSN speeds of the PS3. They were atrocious, and Xbox 360 downloads were faster every single time.

For me, though, PS4 download speeds have been drastically improved. I'm honestly surprised to see someone complaining about them -- which is why I'd be suspicious that something else is going on. Either continued post-Christmas traffic (which, yeah, shouldn't be a problem, but Nintendo's networks are still down too) or perhaps something with your router settings. The speeds shouldn't be as slow as you're talking about.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show us a picture or this might very well be covert ps4 bashing, especially since you mentioned XBL. I suggest you check your internet settings in network settings and refresh your (hopefully wired) connection.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93:

Speed tests usually tell you your broadband speed and your download speed is usually about 10% of that.

So if your speed is 18.74 then 2 is about right.

But if your speed test is through the same modem then that would still slow the test down so maybe ask your service provider what you should be getting.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get an ethernet cable. My speed went from half a gig per hour to 15 gigs per hour.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a list of troubleshooting tips:

- Check what your upload/download speeds are showing up as in Connection Test from the PS4 settings menu
    - Are you on WI-FI? If so, try connecting with a LAN cable and seeing if that fixes anything.
    - Try something as simple as setting your PS4 to a static IP and see if that changes.
    - You may need to setup your router for port forwarding. The best, and easiest way, to do this is by going here.
    - Check online to see if your model router/modem may have issues with PSN. As mentioned above a previous router of mine didn't work with the Wii or Xbox Live.
    - If possible try borrowing a friends router to see if you get similar issues.

As many people above have stated, there are no consistent issue with the PSN on the PS4. There were some issues around this holiday week AND it is only three days after Christmas so I am sure the holiday stress isn't done. Even with the PSN having issues I was able to play online with AC4, BF4, NFS, and KZ with no problems. Only issues I had was with friends list and the PSN store. I really hope you aren't just trolling as your initial post makes it easy to assume you are, but if you are not then please provide more detailed information about what you have tried and we can try to help you out.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely try ethernet if you can. I was getting pretty slow speeds on wifi, though not nearly as slow as you seem to be getting, but ethernet was much faster.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Quarters

Haven't had an issue with PS4 speeds(at least compared to everything else with my crappy Internet).

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

Semi related, but off topic question. Can an old modem bottleneck internet speeds? My family has had the same one for a long time, and Im questioning whether our speeds should be faster or not. I only get a little over 2mb/sec but speedtest/net says it should be 18.74

The thing is, that 18Mb/s is in megabits, and that 2MB/s is Megabytes. 8Mb/s is 1MB/s, so your 2MB/s is exactly what you should be getting from your connection.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

224/6396mb - 41 hours left, and this is only 1/6th of the size it said it was!

I don't have a fast internet connection, but this is a joke.

I had pretty slow internet last year when I was living with a friend. He didn't care about internet speeds and I felt bad asking him to pay extra for something I wanted. But the speeds were so damn slow that a game would typically take until the following day, sometimes longer, to finish downloading.

This year I'm living alone and upgraded. PSN is much better now. Games take, maybe, a couple hours to download.

The thing is, games on my 360 and PC never took a long time to download. In fact, the difference between now and then isn't really noticeable on those platforms. I think PSN was just built like garbage and is just highly susceptible to slow internet. Or it just demands a really high speed.

I actually have similar issues with Giant Bomb. This is the only website where watching HD videos is a problem if I'm not on my own wifi.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By csl316

Just like the first week or two, the network may be sucking. But once it gets straightened out again it'll be just fine. It's been working very well for me most of the year (though I haven't played anything since Christmas Eve).

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you internet is slow, dont complain about slow downloads? I pay for fast internet so i can download things fast.. Easy fix. PS3 PSN has always been kinda slow compared to all other devices I own but a good ole boost on internet speed fixed it to where downloads are practically steam speeds.. but thats also because I use WIRED connections when I download something big and leave wifi for small games / updates / online play.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Loading Video...

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

My internet speed went up last month and I never noticed until I got my PS4 and started downloading stuff. For me it is pretty fast.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#32  Edited By Kidavenger
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Seems like it's going pretty fast for me, I think the OP has other problems not related to PSN.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DonPixel

You guys really surprised because historically unreliable network keeps being unreliable?

Jim Sterling is spot on : PS4 Top Ten Games!

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#35  Edited By ManMadeGod

It's been pretty well established at this point that of the major gaming networks (Steam, XBL, PSN) that PSN is the worst when it comes to reliability and speed. Just going to have to deal with it.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly there are any number of reasons you could be having problems. There are a couple that are jsut on Sony's end, but if this is the only performance youve gotten from PSN downloads on the PS4, I'd wager it's an issue with your network configuration. I'd try wired first and foremost, it's a better way to connect a came console anyway. If it fixes things, consider investigating any settings you may have monkeyed with on your router/modem, or replace them if they are especially outdated.

Off topic:

Show us a picture or this might very well be covert ps4 bashing, especially since you mentioned XBL. I suggest you check your internet settings in network settings and refresh your (hopefully wired) connection.

I really think comments like this deserve a one day ban or an edit from a mod or something. I am tired of seeing "people" post about how every critique of the *in a la-dee-da voice* purrrrrrrfect PS4 or praise for the evil, hated Xbox One has to come from someone who's just here to shit on PS4 because they are a fanboy.

They are both cool systems, and they both have problems. The download speeds he is talking about? They are real somewhere, of that I am certain. And none of us have any reason to believe they aren't real for him either. Other than fanboy defensiveness.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I've been playing UMvC3 on my Vita whenever I have a moment of free time. This thread made me think of Wolverine.

I don't have anything else to add to this thread.

Oh, my PS4 downloads stuff fine.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TrafalgarLaw
    @jarmahead said:

Honestly there are any number of reasons you could be having problems. There are a couple that are jsut on Sony's end, but if this is the only performance youve gotten from PSN downloads on the PS4, I'd wager it's an issue with your network configuration. I'd try wired first and foremost, it's a better way to connect a came console anyway. If it fixes things, consider investigating any settings you may have monkeyed with on your router/modem, or replace them if they are especially outdated.

Off topic:

@trafalgarlaw said:

I really think comments like this deserve a one day ban or an edit from a mod or something. I am tired of seeing "people" post about how every critique of the *in a la-dee-da voice* purrrrrrrfect PS4 or praise for the evil, hated Xbox One has to come from someone who's just here to shit on PS4 because they are a fanboy.

They are both cool systems, and they both have problems. The download speeds he is talking about? They are real somewhere, of that I am certain. And none of us have any reason to believe they aren't real for him either. Other than fanboy defensiveness.

He implies he is on wifi in his first post, yet his topic begins with "PSN unacceptable"? The speed of PSN went up, even on ps3 for me. What's more fishy is how he talks on getting an XB1 in a week is faster than a supposed 41 hour download? Hmmmmmm...you be the judge.

Oh yeah, this reminds me. Back on the Gamespot launch stream they had issues on downloading/installing BF4 as well. They deleted BF4 and reinstalled and it took only 10 mins or so.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Nictel

Blaming Sony for your 64kbps connection?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By psylah

Your network is ass. Deal with that first.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@donpixel: If you'd read the replies, it'd be apparent that no one in the thread is having the issues the OP is having so your weird PS4 bashing just comes off as uninformed.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DonPixel

@mariachimacabre said:

@donpixel: If you'd read the replies, it'd be apparent that no one in the thread is having the issues the OP is having so your weird PS4 bashing just comes off as uninformed.

My brother bought a PS4 took him 2 days to download Ghost, with a decent connection. Maybe anecdotical, maybe most people are not experiencing issues. Maybe its just me, but Im having a hard time to forget 6 years of poor online services, I remember having bought Socom 4 just to not being able to actually play it for like 3 months.

I know Sony is the new cool guy in the block, and gamers are quite possibly the most objective people out there, me I don't know... I like not to get attached to brands.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@donpixel said:

I know sony is the cool guy and gamers are quite possibly the most objective people out there, me I don't know I like not to get attached to brands.

Please. The consensus from people actually using it is that PSN is faster for the PS4. In reality. Blaming their objective assessment on Sony being the "cool guy" says way more about your skewed perceptions than theirs.

If someone posted a thread called "XBOne DL times unacceptable", it would be met with the same reaction. "No, it's not."

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

UNACCEPTABLE

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

One of the main things I've been impressed with on the highly flawed XBL on the Xbox One is download speeds. It took about, 4 hours to download BF4 which I thought was amazing.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DonPixel

@joshwent: As I said my close experience with PSN has always been mostly negative, maybe luck. As I said again a couple of days back we witness a game taking 2 days to download on a decent connection.

And yes I have a cynical view of "gamers" consensus... considering the game focus consoles for "true gamers" has actually less games, so yeah maybe I have a skew view of consumers being objective.

Listen if for now on PSN is fast, reliable and robust... cool beans: Good for costumers, as for that not actually keep going for a good period of time, I'm not buying into it yet. A couple of months of supposedly good service doesn't make up for years of shitty service.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EXTomar

6+ hours for 6GB direct download is stellar for any US location. When you buy software that large you should have realistic expectations where it doesn't matter what platform you purchased it on, you will need to wait hours to complete.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

If you click on his profile, in his posting history;

@supersambo said:

Hey,

So I just opened my PS4 and set it all up, but when I got to the wifi part my router didnt show up. I manually input all the details and I was on my way.

The update downloaded and the ps4 shut off and on and off and on for a bit, then when it comes to play, the PS4 still cannot find the router, and says that it can't find the IP address when I manually input it...

Any ideas? Thanks.

So he's on wi-fi, complaining about download speeds? I acknowledge wifi has improved a lot over the years but you still can't compare it to wired.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unaccefuckingceptable! SuperSambo is suffering and I feel Sony is not taking this seriously.

PSN speeds still do kind of suck though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.