Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Purchasing on PSN

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey Duders, just a question if i may. I live in Malaysia, but i have a UK PS4. I have been buying my PS4 games directly from the UKPSN Store since i got here. However, it works out so much cheaper to buy the games with my Malaysian account i've just setup today on my ps4. However, i do not have psplus for that account. In essence, is there a way to buy the game for my Malaysian account and have access to it on my UK account?

Thanks!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

you can play all your games on your console no matter which account you log on to.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Yes, you can do this. Basically, if you buy and start downloading on the Malaysian account the game still shows up when you log into your other account; its the same concept as having a Japanese account and buying games to play on your North American profile.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: Fantastic! So i can play them online too :)

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@thelark: Sure can! I think the PS3 handled things the same way too.

jerrywhitman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thelark said:

Hey Duders, just a question if i may. I live in Malaysia, but i have a UK PS4. I have been buying my PS4 games directly from the UKPSN Store since i got here. However, it works out so much cheaper to buy the games with my Malaysian account i've just setup today on my ps4. However, i do not have psplus for that account. In essence, is there a way to buy the game for my Malaysian account and have access to it on my UK account?

Thanks!

How exactly are they cheaper? Is it just the currency pair fluctuation that causes that? I would think Sony would have that under control.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jerrywhitman1: It usually costs around 50 pounds per game on the UK Store. However, on the Malaysian store games are around 180 Ringgit which converted to pounds works out at around 35 pounds or so.

jerrywhitman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thelark said:

@jerrywhitman1: It usually costs around 50 pounds per game on the UK Store. However, on the Malaysian store games are around 180 Ringgit which converted to pounds works out at around 35 pounds or so.

Wow. I would buy all my games on the Malaysian side.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.