Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

question about multiple accounts on shared PS4 console

murloc513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By murloc513

My husband and I have been playing COD Ghosts and he decided to purchase some DLC (new maps, outfits, skins, etc) we each have our own account on the PS4 but only he has a PSN account. When we play multiplayer he is the only one that can access the new outfits and gun skins. Is there any way I can access and use them as well? He tried signing into his PSN account on my PS4 account, didn't work. He then tried to purchase a couple on things on my PS4 account through his PSN account and then when we switch to his PS4 account to play, still nothing purchased shows up for me. If I were to create and pay to activate my own PSN account on my PS4 account and purchase the extra skins and whatnot, would I be able to access them when we play multiplayer on his PS4 account? Sorry if the way I worded everything is confusing >,<

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By lego_my_eggo

a quick Google search is saying cosmetic stuff like weapon skins and outfits in COD:Ghosts are tied to one account and cannot be shared, but things like maps should be fine and work for your account. Also a PSN account is free, so long as your husband has his account set to use that PS4 as his "primary" one things like being able to go online with PS+, games and DLC should be able to be shared with your account. At least the majority of the time, there are a few fringe cases like the weapon skins etc in COD where it is account specific.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.