Question about pre-loading on PS4

#1 Posted by skipper00 (61 posts) -

This may be a dumb question but I just pre-ordered Diablo 3 on PS4 and turned on the auto download to start a midnight on Tuesday, however I seen someone on GAF saying they have it pre-loaded the game. Is this possible now or is it just going to start downloading at midnight? Cheers in advance for the help :)

#2 Posted by Chango (518 posts) -

Pre-loads start two days in advance it seems. I pre-ordered the game as well and it's already fully downloaded on to the system, so it should be theoretically unlocked at midnight Tuesday (first time I do it as well).

#3 Posted by MetalBaofu (1389 posts) -

@skipper00: If you click on it in your library there should be a download button if you can preload it. That is what I did earlier today with Garden Warfare and Counterspy, at least.

#4 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1055 posts) -

I have yet to pre-order anything digital, but from what i understand anything that is pre-ordered is automatically added to some kind of download queue so you don't have to worry about forgetting it. And since pre-loading is now standard for all pre-orders, anything you pre-oder in the future should pre-load a few days before so long as you leave the PS4 in standby. Even if you just bought it the PS4 should do its usual standby checks soon enough to DL it before Tuesday if it didn't already start when you bought it, or you can probably manually force it like MetalBaofu said.

#5 Posted by skipper00 (61 posts) -

@metalbaofu: thanks for the help but apparently there is no preload option as I am in the UK so it will only start downloading at midnight. Sucks.

#6 Edited by MetalBaofu (1389 posts) -

Ah. I didn't know you couldn't preload it in the UK.

I have yet to pre-order anything digital, but from what i understand anything that is pre-ordered is automatically added to some kind of download queue so you don't have to worry about forgetting it. And since pre-loading is now standard for all pre-orders, anything you pre-oder in the future should pre-load a few days before so long as you leave the PS4 in standby. Even if you just bought it the PS4 should do its usual standby checks soon enough to DL it before Tuesday if it didn't already start when you bought it, or you can probably manually force it like MetalBaofu said.

Yeah. It will do it automatically, but it seems a little iffy at times. I had Rogue Legacy set to autodownload, and left the PS4 in standby when I went to sleep, but it never started and I had to start it manually.

I didn't have my PS4 in standby last night, but when I turned it on this morning it started downloading Garden Warfare on its own, but it didn't start Counterspy. Had to start it manually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.