Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Question about PS Plus games

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone know if you cancel a PS Plus subscription, and re-buy a game that you downloaded for free earlier, does you save file transfer over? I only have a Vita and not really making much use of PS Plus, but I want to "keep" Binding of Isaac Rebirth after my subscription ends and I don't want to lose any of my progress. Thanks.

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, as long as the save data is on your memory card and you don't delete it, it should be fine. Mind that if you delete a game off your Vita, it will by default delete all DLC and save game content as well. You can circumvent this by uploading your data to the cloud (if you have PS+), or moving it onto a computer or some other data storage (using USB or Wi-fi.)

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ateatree: So is it possible to re-buy a game that you already have downloaded on your system? I was under the impression that you would need to delete the free copy first and re-download it, thereby losing the save file in the process unless it was backed up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.