Red and Blue PS4 controllers by year end

#1 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

Looks like Sony will be shipping the PS4 controller in a red or blue variation sometime later this year. Went ahead and cancelled my black extra controller, gonna be rockin' that red one for sure.

#2 Posted by Bobstar (312 posts) -

Wow, they look gorgeous

#3 Posted by Syed117 (387 posts) -

Those look like fisher price toys.

#4 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

@syed117 said:

I for one never tire of your constant thread crapping.

#5 Posted by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

They look cool. Guess I'll get one of each color maybe another black for the fourth or something.

#6 Posted by Syed117 (387 posts) -

Yup, and since you're the biggest troll on the entire giantbomb forums, I won't take too much offense.

Oh and I've also found myself on the neogaf forum a handful of times and seen your posts there as well. Your reputation is well earned.

#7 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1851 posts) -

I want a pink one!

#8 Edited by Marokai (2968 posts) -

The blue one looks pretty snazzy.

#9 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -
#10 Edited by Wraxend (564 posts) -

I've always had a blue controller with my PS's so I'll be picking one of those up :D

#11 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I would love if they made a Jet Black one....*crickets*

I'd really honestly have a white one. I had a blue DS3, so now I want to try a new color. I would even love if they made really good artistic game themed controllers. Like change the triangle, circle, x, and square into the game's theme. That would be neat in my opinion.

#12 Posted by Aegon (5628 posts) -

@syed117 said:

You look like fisher price toys.

#13 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2772 posts) -

@aegon said:

@syed117 said:

You look like fisher price toys.

#14 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (413 posts) -

I like the colors, but I really don't think that two-tone design looks good at all. It works with the standard black controller because the two tones are so similar, but these just look off to me. Same issue I had with the 3DS XL. They don't look like "fisher price toys" or any of that bullshit, I just think they look weird.

#15 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2772 posts) -

What they look like are those damn Scuff Pads.

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9706 posts) -

Those look like shit.

#17 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

Blue looks alright, but I think darker shades of each color would match the touchscreen more evenly.

#18 Posted by RedLoopz (136 posts) -

I have the red PS3 controller and while at 1st I thought it looked cool I'm starting to see that it doesnt. Black is better to me, looks more premium I guess, The other colors look like some kinda ripoffs I guess.

#19 Edited by RedLoopz (136 posts) -

I have the red PS3 controller and while at 1st I thought it looked cool I'm starting to see that it doesnt. Black is better to me, looks more premium I guess, The other colors look like some kinda ripoffs I guess.

#20 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Got that Blue one preordered, though, not sure if there are any launch games that will utilise offline multiplayer?

#22 Posted by probablytuna (3659 posts) -

While I prefer the red one, I think the blue one works better because it matches blue light that turns on at the front of the controller. I'm guessing that light changes depending on how many players there are though so maybe that's a non-issue.

#23 Posted by RavenousJoker (50 posts) -

I wish they would make a blue PS4, I am definitely getting a blue controller.

#24 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I'm getting that red controller

#25 Posted by joey (984 posts) -

I want the trend of translucent plastic in controllers to return.

#26 Posted by Humanity (9234 posts) -

GAME OVER MICRO$OFT

#27 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -
@syed117 said:

I feel that even the black PS4 controller looks like a rubbish third party controller. I'm sure it feels great - everyone is saying that and I have no reason to doubt them, but it just looks off. And adding these colours just makes it look worse.

Not that the looks of the controller are the most important thing or anything, but it still just looks wrong.

#28 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Those look bad. Don't like 'em. My very favorite controllers are those translucent blue, red & green dualshocks. I really don't care for this tread of making everything look so... tacky.

#29 Edited by egg (1467 posts) -

PS3 controller not compatible... But who needs that when you can pay $50 for a new one that is blue!

Sony cares about gamers!

#30 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5490 posts) -

I don't know. I kind of like the blue one. I'll never buy it though, since I'll only ever need the one out of the box.

#31 Posted by chrissedoff (2097 posts) -

I don't know when I'll get a Playstation 4, but I'm buying one of each of those controllers when I do.

#32 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

xbone confirmed xboned?

#33 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I want a deep purple option. Purple always gets the shaft in these things.

#34 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2102 posts) -

I want a see-through version, I had a DS2 just like it.

#35 Posted by TechHits (1378 posts) -

I hope they dont have the same light bleeding problems the red ps3 controllers had.

#36 Posted by Nightriff (5082 posts) -

Any news on when these are coming to the US?

#37 Edited by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

I am definitely getting the blue controller for my PS4!

#38 Posted by RonGalaxy (3166 posts) -

Definitely getting the red controller.

#39 Posted by Gruff182 (857 posts) -

Fugly.

#40 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Halo for Playstation 4 confirmed.

#41 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I'd grab a blue one. Look hot

#42 Posted by SgtSphynx (1389 posts) -

@lord_xp said:

I'd really honestly have a white one.

Same here, it'd match my white Vita

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.