Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Remote Play in the wild, looks great

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/19/hands-on-playstation-vita-2013/

Remote Play functionality was similarly impressive. There was zero perceptible lag between PlayStation 4 on-screen action and what we were inputting on the Vita. The same sentiment applies to input directly on the Vita for the PS4 game we were playing: no lag, as if Knack were a game being played locally on the Vita. How this will play out with your own home WiFi is another question altogether, which we'll test more thoroughly when we get PlayStation 4 review units in the coming weeks. As of right now, it more than stands up to NVIDIA's Shield. If anything, it bests the Shield's streaming performance with zero hitches while we played.

This is one of the more exciting launch capabilities of the PS4 for me, knowing that hands on performance is this good makes me pretty happy.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't call that environment the wild. Will have to wait until its in actual homes.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That would be pretty impressive. I'd like to see a third party test it out and publish some real numbers.

mrGREEK360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Lol in the wild, I own a vita and a shield and ps4 and Xbox one fully paid off, when nvidia was showing off the shield in the so called wild (sarcasm) was able to stream 60fps in a no wifi/interference from other 2.4ghz devices like microwaves and cordless phones vastly degrade the FPS, there is no way the vita will out preform better if anything they will be equal to the shield in streaming, as a owner of all consoles I doubt it will preform better. The vita will stream at 30 fps and remember the shield has a 720p screen which is higher res the ps vita which is important as the shield has HDMI out which allows me to hook up my shield on any tv in the hose and stream. I also am using my shield with a VPN as I have a 90megabit download and 15 meg upload allowing me to stream games from home anywhere in they're is a good wifi connection or even if I teathered m shield to my iphone 5 allowing me to use the 4g lte which is enough to stream games. I also have onlive on my nvidia shield lowing me to play a limited roster of pc games anywhere I go. Nvidia has already confirmed the next update to the shield will boost fps over streaming, the PC Streaming is a BETA feature so lets wait till its out of beta and the ps4 is out to test the streaming and will post comparisons day one on my youtube channel.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

When I say "in the wild" obviously I mean not on a stage somewhere, but with people being able to walk up and try it out themselves and judge based on what they're experiencing. Jeez.

Plus, "Remote Play in the the tightly controlled demo space of a videogame show floor, looks great" wouldn't fit in the subject line.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Lol in the wild, I own a vita and a shield and ps4 and Xbox one fully paid off, when nvidia was showing off the shield in the so called wild (sarcasm) was able to stream 60fps in a no wifi/interference from other 2.4ghz devices like microwaves and cordless phones vastly degrade the FPS, there is no way the vita will out preform better if anything they will be equal to the shield in streaming, as a owner of all consoles I doubt it will preform better. The vita will stream at 30 fps and remember the shield has a 720p screen which is higher res the ps vita which is important as the shield has HDMI out which allows me to hook up my shield on any tv in the hose and stream. I also am using my shield with a VPN as I have a 90megabit download and 15 meg upload allowing me to stream games from home anywhere in they're is a good wifi connection or even if I teathered m shield to my iphone 5 allowing me to use the 4g lte which is enough to stream games. I also have onlive on my nvidia shield lowing me to play a limited roster of pc games anywhere I go. Nvidia has already confirmed the next update to the shield will boost fps over streaming, the PC Streaming is a BETA feature so lets wait till its out of beta and the ps4 is out to test the streaming and will post comparisons day one on my youtube channel.

lol

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

I'm really looking forward to trying this out. It would be awesome to be in the coffee shop here at school with my PS4 back in my apartment and be able to take a little break with one of those games or something. If the WiFi here at school holds up of course. Hopefully it works well!

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K boss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.