Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Sell me on PS4

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I'm interested in a PS4. I already own an Xbox One. I also have a Vita with PS Plus. Why should I get a PS4, given this info?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I'm not sure there is a good reason to get one. I have a PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita and I'm still not sold on a PS4.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

Do you want to play The Order, Bloodborne, Disgaea 5, Uncharted 4 or Persona 5? If no then don't get one.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@laxbro19 said:

I'm interested in a PS4. I already own an Xbox One. I also have a Vita with PS Plus. Why should I get a PS4, given this info?

If you have friends with PS4 consoles and you've been collecting PS4 games on your account through PS Plus, you'll probably want to pick one up eventually. If not, then not.

I'd also add Street Fighter V to that list above.

eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

• The upcoming exclusives
    • Controller has an integrated headphone jack.
    • PS+ will probably have better offerings from now on.
    • The ability to play PS4 games on Vita (I don't have a Vita personally, but i heard it's a cool feature)
    • Share Play features, let friends play games you own without them having to buy it. (haven't used it yet)
    • Install times are fast.
    Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bloodborne, bro. b\aze it

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Corevi
    @spaceinsomniac said:

I'd also add Street Fighter V to that list above.

I was only listing games coming out this year. Street Fighter V is 2016.

langdonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@laxbro19: Have you been collecting all of the PS4 games during your Plus subscription? If so, and you buy the PS4, you'll have 25 games to play already (27 if you wait until Tuesday) and any other games you own for Vita that are cross-buy.

Also Bloodborne, SFV, and UC4.

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: I want the Order, if it has actual substance, and Uncharted 4.Are there some games out right now for PS4 that you would get with it?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Corevi
    @laxbro19 said:

@corevi: I want the Order, if it has actual substance, and Uncharted 4.Are there some games out right now for PS4 that you would get with it?

Infamous Second Son is the only good exclusive it has right now. If you don't have it on PC, Transistor is a brilliant game.

EDIT: Oh, The Last of Us Remastered is fantastic if you haven't played it on PS3.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transistor and The Last of Us are really, really good. Sony always has Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch to put out some seriously kickass games

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If you're a fan of lots of Japanese stuff like anime and Godzilla, you'll definitely want to get a PS4. There's not much worth giving a shit about from the first parties at the moment, but that'll (hopefully) get better later on.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's really no point in owning a PS4 and X1 right now. Wait until some good PS4 exclusives come out (Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, etc). If you get it now, it'll probably just collect dust, especially if you play on PC too, since the PS4's smaller games are cheaper and possibly better on PC & Steam (i.e. Transistor).

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Persona 5.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There really aren't enough exclusives right now to support it I don't think.

That said, I love mine even though I'm mainly playing smaller indie titles on it. Crossplay with the Vita really is a fantastic feature. Not to mention cross-buy, heh.

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you already have an Xbox One, there probably aren't enough exclusives to get one right now, but The Order and Bloodborne are getting close, and you'll probably start seeing bigger budget games as free PS+ games soonish (expecting a $60 game on PS+ within the first year has always seemed weird to me).

Besides, playing PS4 on your Vita is just cool.

So if you don't get one today, wait 2-3 months and you'll probably have a much better reason to get one as games start releasing.

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amafi: Is crossplay similar to how PS3 and Ps2 games like madden let you transfer saves? I saw the remote play stuff and it looked really cool. Do you ever use that stuff? If you do do you have to be on the same Wifi network to use it? I could see myself with my vita at school playing PS4 games on break very easily if that were the case.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tuxfool

@laxbro19: AFAIK the crossplay stuff requires ps+, but works everywhere as long as you can connect to the internet.

Also the remote play is only any good if you have a very good wifi connection locally (even then you're not going to be playing fighting games or character action games). Remotely, the latency is something of a killer but YMMV.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laxbro19 said:

@amafi: Is crossplay similar to how PS3 and Ps2 games like madden let you transfer saves? I saw the remote play stuff and it looked really cool. Do you ever use that stuff? If you do do you have to be on the same Wifi network to use it? I could see myself with my vita at school playing PS4 games on break very easily if that were the case.

You do have to be on the same wifi network or near the PS4.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

You can do it remotely via VPN. And depending on conditions it might even be viable for slower games.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laxbro19 said:

Crossplay is basically just letting you move the save over from one and continuing the game on the other. Works well.

Remote play does work from outside of your personal network depending on filtering settings and such. You need to open PSN ports in your router, basically.

I can't play it from work because they've blocked the ports it needs, but I can connect if I share my phone's 4g connection and I can play some stuff.

It's not really worth it though in my opinion. The lack of R2/L2 and R3/L3 buttons means playing any game that uses those extensively is not going to be a great experience, and the network latency makes it so any very precise game will suffer. Most of the games I have on the PS4 that has a control scheme that fits well on the vita also has a native Vita crossbuy version. It's still a very neat feature, I just don't find myself using it much. But then my Vita is pretty much strictly a Binding of Isaac: Rebirth machine lately.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tuxfool said:
    @corevi said:

You can do it remotely via VPN. And depending on conditions it might even be viable for slower games.

I wouldn't recommend it but sure.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can play videogamez on it.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
    @tuxfool said:
    @corevi said:

I wouldn't recommend it but sure.

Don't even need VPN. Once it's done searching locally it searches over the internet and as long as you open the right ports on both ends it will let you connect. Still not very good for most games due to latency though.

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voidprod: Cool. I was going to buy it off of Amazon, I got a $50 gift card and I have $120 in textbook trade-ins as well. I be getting it at a substantial discount that way. So with that said should I just go ahead and get one? I know there aren;t alot of big games for PS4 right now but there are alot of BIG Indie games only on PS4, No Man's Sky, is pretty much the game that peaked my interest in a PS4.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laxbro19 said:

@voidprod: Cool. I was going to buy it off of Amazon, I got a $50 gift card and I have $120 in textbook trade-ins as well. I be getting it at a substantial discount that way. So with that said should I just go ahead and get one? I know there aren;t alot of big games for PS4 right now but there are alot of BIG Indie games only on PS4, No Man's Sky, is pretty much the game that peaked my interest in a PS4.

It's got some good stuff coming. Bloodborne in particular. And like you say, they're killing it on the indie side of things. And having now purchased an xbox one controller for my PC I don't ever want to buy an xbox unless they revise the thing, they managed to make it feel worse in every possible way compared to the 360 pad. Considering how much work went into the thing it's quite the achievement.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should wait. The library isn't really there yet and the lack of backwards compatibility means you aren't going to get the benefit of the PS3 games you might have missed out on.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nasp

listen,i have no doubt the PS4 will be a great system at some point,but there isnt any reason to buy one right now.the games are not there yet and its price could go down a little as well.just wait till the middle of 2015 or end of 2015 to get it.i wouldnt get it any sooner unless you got money to blow.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You dont have to be on the same WiFi network to remote play. Just have access to WiFi signal. I played shadows of mordor and destiny 100 miles away from my ps4. No problem.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Crembaw

No Man's Sky, Persona 5 and Bloodborne are all going to be on Playstation 4, but if you're not interested in those then I can't really think of much else to entice you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.