Shipping PS4's

• 101 results
#51 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@geraltitude: I did a quick google search and according to that they do not in Canada. Sorry...

#52 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

I have 2-day shipping (Day One, expected delivery date of 15th) on my Amazon order, and it still says "Shipping soon" as of this post.

I am not going to be concerned about it until it gets past 9pm and it still says "soon", since I live in NJ and there are two Amazon fulfillment centers nearby, one in PA and one in DE.

They could walk it over in no time, I'd surmise.

#53 Posted by Tesla (1907 posts) -

Got a shipping confirmation from Amazon late last night. That bad boy is in transit and just departed a city about 200 miles from my current location.

#54 Edited by daggon55 (114 posts) -

Mine also still says "Preparing for shipment." Rumor is most orders for urban areas were already shipped to local UPS distribution centers and will all go out in the morning.

#55 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

@daggon55:

What do you mean, "urban" areas? You callin me urban?

#56 Edited by Lava (661 posts) -

Mine still says "Shipping Now" at some point I'll get concerned. I sat there refreshing that amazon page until I could order it. It better get it's ass here quick. Of course I'm close to Chicago so I imagine it isn't terribly far away. I would just feel better if it said "Shipped." Getting anxious.

EDIT: Shipped! I got an email about a game and I went and checked and both the game and PS4 shipped earlier this afternoon. Excitement!

#57 Posted by daggon55 (114 posts) -

@psylah said:

@daggon55:

What do you mean, "urban" areas? You callin me urban?

Something like that :)

Like major cities, I'm near Chicago too, heard a similar thing from a friend near Baltimore.

#58 Edited by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

My PS4 finally shipped earlier today, but hasn't updated anything since then. UPS only mentions a shipping label has been created and nothing else. No info on where it's coming from or anything. Looks like I'll get Assassin's Creed IV tomorrow at least, which is good since it was delayed due to a late trailer. No clue on Lego Marvel Super Heroes, it's been "shipping now" for about eight hours with no update.

Edit: Finally got updates on the PS4 and LMSH, both are in separate neighboring states so unless there's some freak accident, I expect both to reach my house tomorrow.

#59 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Mines been on shipping soon for quite awhile now. Somewhat concerned the estimated deliver is still tomorrow. Pretty sure I have a warehouse not too far from me so that may explain

#60 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

Best Buy Canada... still not a word, no email, nothing. Order still sitting in pre-order status. GG BB.

#61 Posted by drkscyde (63 posts) -

My amazon order has been stuck at "shipping now" for about 4 hrs. Starting to get concerned that I won't get it tomorrow...

#62 Posted by flippyandnod (369 posts) -

I now have a UPS tracking number from Amazon.

#63 Edited by Lava (661 posts) -

@drkscyde: Mine was stuck there for a long time, most of the day actually, and finally updated to "Shipped" but it turns out it had shipped quite a few hours earlier. Maybe yours is in a similar situation? At least I hope so!

#64 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5223 posts) -

As of 8 P.M. in my area, it still says shipping now. I'm not too worried...yet.

Edit: Shipped!

#65 Posted by MetalBaofu (1350 posts) -

Mine was the same, and I just now got the mail saying it has shipped.

#66 Posted by drkscyde (63 posts) -

@lava: hope you're right. Near DC, so once it actually ships, shouldn't take long.

#67 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan said:

Its very possible that they are shipping close to your house. Mine just changed to shipped and it is because the place it shipped from is merely two hours from my house.

#68 Posted by MetalBaofu (1350 posts) -

@sackmanjones: Yeah, it's about 2-3 hours away. Which kinda makes the wait a little worse since UPS always delivers to my place really late(like 6 or 7pm).

#69 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

9pm here and still says "Shipping soon". I'd panic, but I also have a preorder in at a local store where my merchandise is guaranteed until the end of Saturday. Contingency planning wins again.

#70 Edited by MechaKirby (187 posts) -

@fluxwavez: eBay that instantly. You'll probably make a couple hunnits

#71 Edited by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

My console with KZ just went on shipped status today. But BF4 and NFS won't be here tomorrow, though I ordered them last weekend. BF4 is estimated to arrive on Saturday when the original estimate was to arrive today. Who knows when NFS will be coming. Not sure why Amazon is having trouble getting NFS out. I live in the same city as a distribution center so shit gets sent to me last min.

#72 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@mechakirby said:

Yeah, that's what I'm probably gonna end up doing. Gonna wait until I receive the second unit, hopefully tomorrow, and put it up on eBay. I'm actually surprised at how much the PS4 consoles have already been going for on eBay.

#73 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

Just got my shipment confirmation, still says the 15th.

@fluxwavez said:

@mechakirby said:

Yeah, that's what I'm probably gonna end up doing. Gonna wait until I receive the second unit, hopefully tomorrow, and put it up one eBay. I'm actually surprised at how much the PS4 consoles have already been going for on eBay.

I have 3 preordered beside the Amazon one, and have been watching eBay demand.

It looks like they are going for 500-600 on just the preordered units, not actual in-hand units. Most of those are with "free shipping", so I'm starting to feel like buying the extra units to spend a good portion on shipping / insuring and to make ~100 per unit isn't worth the risk of someone scamming me with a fraudulent transaction.

I could always sell my preorder itself to someone in the area, but whatever. I'll keep an eye on the prices after the launch proper and see if they demand higher prices for units in-hand.

#74 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5223 posts) -

@metalbaofu said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

Its very possible that they are shipping close to your house. Mine just changed to shipped and it is because the place it shipped from is merely two hours from my house.

About an hour after I posted, it updated saying it shipped. :D

#75 Posted by Aquablak (187 posts) -

Well, mine shipped early this morning from Amazon, but I live over 2200 km away. *sigh*

Probably Monday or Tuesday for me.

#76 Posted by Hailinel (23879 posts) -

My PS4 is supposedly on a truck and will be delivered today. Hopefully I don't have to be around to sign for the package since I'll be at work.

#77 Edited by therealhowwie (17 posts) -

Amazon.ca order is still "Preparing for Shipment."

I am still in disbelief.

#78 Posted by Flappy (2127 posts) -

I was one of the people that ordered my launch bundle around midnight, so I can see it shipping later on today.

Next-Gen starts on Monday!

#79 Posted by Fear_the_Booboo (390 posts) -

@therealhowwie: I'm with you. Wishing you good luck.

I could not do a midnight launch. I was expecting it to get it on monday/tuesday so it's all good... except that I can't wait.

#80 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

@therealhowwie: From one Commonwealth country to another Commonwealth country i wish you luck.

#81 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1388 posts) -

Mine is preparing to ship from Amazon, I ordered it last night at midnight and it's expected to be here tomorrow. Hoping that it'll get here fine and that everything is in working order. Tomorrow's Saturday so that works out perfectly for me since I'll be home to sign the package.

#82 Posted by WebScud (114 posts) -

Mine shipped on the 13th, but hasn't made its way to the UPS shipping center yet. Amazon chat support assures me that it will arrive today...

#83 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

Mine arrived shortly after noon. Currently updating (via USB, PSN seems to be getting fucked hard)

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/index.htm

Use the info at the bottom of the page to download the update on your PC. Use a USB stick with NOTHING on it. I had trouble with one that had other files on it.

#84 Edited by Hunkulese (2642 posts) -

Didn't want to wait until Monday so I went to Walmart around 11 and they still had a bunch.

#85 Edited by tourgen (4427 posts) -

UPS dropped off my PS4 at around 1PM Eastern. Which is GREAT because usually that dude shows up around 4:30-5 at the earliest.

It took me about 5 minutes to get it plugged in, configured, and running. I updated from a USB. Out of curiosity I tried updating from the network but said I couldn't connect to the PS network within the timeout duration they allowed. It could just be my super shitty internet out here in nowhere USA.

#86 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (503 posts) -

I keep hearing what I think is a UPS truck outside my house. First time it was my water delivery, 2nd time is was the USPS truck, 3rd time it was FedEx at my neighbor's house. lol. I'm taking a nap.

*edit* Got mine. HDMI port was fine. Update downloaded quickly (less than 1 minute, so i guess speeds have improved) and installed. Currently trying to log in to PSN

#87 Posted by TurboMonk600 (1 posts) -

Anyone know when NCIX will ship these out? I thought it would be the 15th

#88 Edited by Aquablak (187 posts) -

I made a mistake. My shipment from Amazon was for something else I had ordered....

My unit has still not shipped. It had better at least ship today. I'm looking at Wednesday at the earliest now, probably. :(

I have a friend who went to a local store this morning and picked it up at around 8am, with no pre-order. Here I am with a June 18 pre-order, and it hasn't even shipped yet.

#89 Edited by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

June 10th pre-order, received a email that it left the Amazon fulfillment center, UPS tracking said they had received a shipping label but never the package. Neither of their chat reps knew where the fuck my PS4 is, amazon is telling me to wait until Tuesday for my release date guaranteed launch edition to arrive before I ask for a refund or a replacement.

To apologize, amazon gave me $3.99 in promotional credit so I could get one-day shipping on my next order. Fuck that.

#90 Posted by Kidavenger (3509 posts) -

The eagle has landed.

#91 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Got my PS4 at GameStop about an hour and a half ago. Of course, I was asked if I wanted a warranty, a game, an extra controller and if I knew about PS+ before they'd hand it over. Wonder if all of the PS4 consoles I saw behind the counter were for pre-orders.

Got my other PS4 that I pre-ordered from GameStop right on time for launch with priority shipping, as well.

Also, just managed to sell my extra PS4 for $550 on eBay, so that's a relief. I think I could have gotten $600 if I wanted to, but I really just wanted to get rid of it asap so I'm glad it went for that much.

#92 Posted by ateatree (80 posts) -

June 10th pre-order, received a email that it left the Amazon fulfillment center, UPS tracking said they had received a shipping label but never the package. Neither of their chat reps knew where the fuck my PS4 is, amazon is telling me to wait until Tuesday for my release date guaranteed launch edition to arrive before I ask for a refund or a replacement.

To apologize, amazon gave me $3.99 in promotional credit so I could get one-day shipping on my next order. Fuck that.

Same, but with no offer of recompense (others have apparently been offered anywhere between $15 and $60 + a month of Amazon Prime for their "silence" on this issue.) My shipping still says it's expected here in, oh, 10 minutes.

Despite the fact that someone else in my same office got their console almost 8 hours ago now, as did the GAMES I ordered for my PS4.

They're reselling the PS4 on eBay.

#93 Posted by nevalis (75 posts) -

I just found out from FedEx that there was a fire on Highway 60 in CA Thursday, delaying its shipments, so I will not be getting my PS4 until who knows when. I ordered from Newegg who I believe have warehouses on the east coast, which is where I am, so I have no idea why some stock of PS4's were not allocated for that region.

Thankfully it does not seem anyone was injured in the fire, and I'd rather safety be the top priority than deliveries, but why'd it have to be PS4 shipping day?!

Given the nature of the situation (unintended delay), I doubt there's any course of action to take besides waiting. Ah well, as long as it arrives in working condition.

#94 Posted by Marino (4597 posts) -

Same thing happened to me. They only offered to re-up my Prime membership and said I should receive it by Tuesday at the latest. Super bummed out right now.

Staff
#95 Posted by Hailinel (23879 posts) -

Given everything I've read online today, I feel lucky that I actually got my PS4 delivered today and that, at least for the first hour or so of use, it hasn't fallen apart.

#96 Edited by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

@ateatree: @marino:

Bitched to Amazon at like 8:20pm, after the expected delivery time. They eventually located my PS4 in Jacksonville, FL, expected delivery on Monday from UPS. Amazon rep assured me Saturday delivery, gave me twenty dollars in credit and refunded fifty dollars off my order without me asking for any compensation because I was to busy asking why it wasn't delivered on time. All I wanted to know was the date, I was assured Saturday. Talked to UPS, they said no saturday delivery, Monday only. Went back to Amazon and asked about it, they said the reason I was given the refund was because of the delay to monday, I told them I was not notified about that at all, and showed them the transcript where I was given the refund and told Saturday delivery a line later.

At this point I'm getting really annoyed and start consistently questioning why my order was delayed. So apparently my delay was caused by Amazon exceeding there supply of stock with the orders, despite me pre-ordering on June 10th, it being designated as a launch edition, and it leaving the amazon facility on Nov. 14 at 1:30am ... they temporarily ran out of stock before shipping my order. That's apparently why it's delayed till Monday. Despite them assuring me it was to be delivered on Saturday. And them supposedly putting my order in transit early Thursday morning, even though they supposedly didn't have a supply.

I don't think Amazon was being honest here. Apparently this is a problem for a bunch of people in Florida, Amazon straight up botched this launch. And I doubt I would be anywhere near as mad if they would've admitted to there mistake and told us that there was a delay, but no, we had to go digging for this shit.

#97 Posted by Aquablak (187 posts) -

I received shipping confirmation just after 8. In a way I wish that I had gone through a local store, so that I'd have it this weekend, but I'm glad that it's shipped and will arrive on Wednesday, providing all goes smoothly.

Hopefully we'll all be posting about how awesome the PS4 is next week. :)

#98 Posted by keyspacer (7 posts) -

@vonocourt Same here. Mine is also delayed until monday after getting a Guarantee that I was getting a system by the 15th at 8pm. I am never pre-ordering from Amazon again. I got a $30 promo credit for my next order. I slept on it and am still livid.

#99 Edited by Marino (4597 posts) -

Just talked to Amazon again. They can't even tell me where it actually is at this point. It's lost in a no man's land between Amazon's distribution center and UPS' facility. I told them all I wanted at this point was for them to get it here Monday morning. They said they can't change the shipping priority on it because it already left their facility. They said they will continue to monitor it and update me via email.

They also gave me $20. Yay...

Also, the tracking on the shipment still says "In Transit - On Schedule. Expected Delivery: Friday November 15 by 8:00 PM."

Staff
#100 Posted by therealhowwie (17 posts) -

Welp. I received a $20 credit from Amazon.ca, but my PS4 is still sitting at "Preparing for Shipment." Sounds like it's not even going to get on a truck until Monday now. Why did I preorder back in June? Sounds like I would have had better luck walking in to Wal Mart or Future Shop yesterday morning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.