Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Should I buy the PS4 Destiny bundle?

inquisitorhayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm considering buying this bundle primarily because I really want to play Destiny. Tried the beta on 360 and loved it. The issue is I recently (8 months ago) rebuilt my gaming PC to run all the latest games and sunk a good bit of cost into that. Since the PC upgrade I haven't really touched my 360 at all but historically I would put in a lot of time on the 360 playing various shooters and all sorts of other games. My concern is if I get the PS4 I'm basically only going to use it for Destiny and any other PS4 exclusives (Bloodborne looks good) since pretty much everything else I'll (probably) play on PC. I'll probably end up getting the new CoD for PC as well now that I can run it properly and use a mouse to play.

Will the PS4 present enough value in the next 6-12 months, other than Destiny, to be worth the cost considering most of the games I could play on PS4 I can play on PC?

Thanks!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Do you like the Sony exclusive franchises? That's what it comes down to.

The Order, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Persona 5 and Uncharted 4 are the only notable games coming out next year that will be on PS4 and not PC.

inquisitorhayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Dark Souls so I'm very interested in Bloodborne. I like Final Fantasy but the previous games haven't been great so that would be a wait-and-see type of thing. The others not so much, Uncharted I would be interested in buying used or renting at some point. What about indie and weird Japanese games on PS4 and will No Man's Sky be an exclusive?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi
    @inquisitorhayt said:

What about indie and weird Japanese games on PS4 and will No Man's Sky be an exclusive?

Most indie games come to PC, No Man's Sky is gonna be on PC as well (also 2016). If you like weird imported Japanese games then PS4 is definitely a great console for that.

Loading Video...

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So about a year ago I bought my gaming PC and then later that year I bought a PS4. The only regret I really have is not sinking that $400 extra in a better GPU but other than that I'm happy with the purchase. I now have a PS4 for any exclusives that come out and instead of making a $460 investment to play a game I'm just making a $60 one. Destiny is not going to be the last console only game you're interested in.(If the PC version does come the earliest it will be is mid next year). There are going to be a bunch coming soon and let's not discount friends purchasing a console to play some multiplayer shooter. If you have the money, do it so you don't have to think about it anymore. The games will be there to justify the investment.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Wait for the reviews dude. If the game is like the second coming of Jesus, then maybe.

How much better does your PC run stuff than a new ps4 would? If your PC runs everything better and you aren't interested in much else it becomes a riskier proposition since potentially everything for the next year on PS4 that you can't run on PC could be garbage. Everything beyond a year - well it will probably be cheaper and their might be better bundles. It would be pretty crappy to pay for a machine you might barely use for the next few years. So it comes down to how much cost matters to you and how good destiny turns out to be.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I'm just waiting and crossing my fingers for a Bloodborne PS4. If it's red that would be the icing on the cake :) Anyways as said above The Order Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Persona 5, Uncharted 4. TBH after Bloodborne you might have to let that PS4 get a little dusty as nothing noteworthy(As of now) is coming for awhile.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep that's the same god damn crux I'm going through now, I kinda want a PS4 and destiny only heightens that desire, but my PC outperforms a console in every possible way, from power to game costs, So I know for a fact that whatever game that has a PC version there is no way in hell I would play it on a weaker console instead, so it would end up being a expensive blood bourne/destiny box and nothing else.

Add to that the fact that there is a very very high possibility destiny will come out on PC later and it gets pretty tough to justify, but god damn it's very tempting..

xPolyMorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm considering buying this bundle primarily because I really want to play Destiny. Tried the beta on 360 and loved it. The issue is I recently (8 months ago) rebuilt my gaming PC to run all the latest games and sunk a good bit of cost into that. Since the PC upgrade I haven't really touched my 360 at all but historically I would put in a lot of time on the 360 playing various shooters and all sorts of other games. My concern is if I get the PS4 I'm basically only going to use it for Destiny and any other PS4 exclusives (Bloodborne looks good) since pretty much everything else I'll (probably) play on PC. I'll probably end up getting the new CoD for PC as well now that I can run it properly and use a mouse to play.

Will the PS4 present enough value in the next 6-12 months, other than Destiny, to be worth the cost considering most of the games I could play on PS4 I can play on PC?

Thanks!

The Last of Us

More seriously though Sony doesn't disappoint with their AAA exclusive offerings..

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny looks neat and the white PS4 is sexy.

As far as value, depends what you are looking for. In my opinion they have good looking exclusives coming out in every genre over the next 12 months. If I didn't already have a PS4, I wouldn't hesitate on the Destiny bundle. Look at a list of upcoming releases and see.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@inquisitorhayt said:

Thanks!

The Last of Us

More seriously though Sony doesn't disappoint with their AAA exclusive offerings..

Well to be fair, in the past they have. This isn't a definitive statement.

Remember the first 4 years of the PS3? Yeh neither does anyone else.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Between PS4 exclusives and console only games I feel like there is enough value to have a PS4 as a compliment to PC, but of course that comes down to whether you're interested in the specific games. I know for me I'm glad I have a PS4 for Destiny, Bloodborne, and Persona 5 (!!) alone, not too mention all the other stuff coming (both known and unknown) like Uncharted, The Order 1886, and all the games Sony's first party studios (like Santa Monica) are working on that haven't been shown yet.

xPolyMorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr said:

@xpolymorphic said:

@inquisitorhayt said:

Thanks!

The Last of Us

Well to be fair, in the past they have. This isn't a definitive statement.

Remember the first 4 years of the PS3? Yeh neither does anyone else.

Metal Gear Solid V, Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Folklore, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Uncharted 1&2, Valkyria Chronicles, God of War III, Heavy Rain, Infamous

You could argue each individual titles quality but I remember the first 4 years of the PS3 quite well actually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.