Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

some interesting observations from the PS4 meeting

kortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just two quick "contradictions" that stood out to me

1. Quantic Dreams count their polygons on stage - Media Molecule speaks of the "tyranny of the polygon"
    2. Sony talks about connectivity on our devices and social networks; people watching your purchases and habits - infamous and watch dogs talk about loss of privacy and surveillance and how broadcasting your life kills your privacy/freedom
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They're just covering all the bases.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By groverat

Holy shit different people have different ideas I cannot believe it!

I am saving my money for the IdeologicalPurityBox.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

E3 had a similar issue with Watch Dogs.

"Social networks dominate our lives and tell others more than we want them to know about personal information... Anyway, share this game on Uplay!"

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not every game has to be a high end FUCKING SUPER polygon game. But man was that CAR GUY fucking Raging about CARS

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GERALTITUDE

These aren't contradictions.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damisterchief Not as much as that one guy talking about police brutality and loss of freedom. That dude was FUCKING NUTS.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@damisterchief Not as much as that one guy talking about police brutality and loss of freedom. That dude was FUCKING NUTS.

That dude has seen some shit.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalsaiyan said:

@grimluck343 said:

Are you referring to the dude from Sucker Punch? I missed the inFamous reveal and have only seen the trailer. The crew made it sound like he was pretty great.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funkasaurasrex I don't even remember what game he was repping, all I remember is that dead eye stare as he peered into my soul and made me question everything I know about our government.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@immortalsaiyan said:

@grimluck343 said:

Are you referring to the dude from Sucker Punch? I missed the inFamous reveal and have only seen the trailer. The crew made it sound like he was pretty great.

I thought half way through his presentation he was going to break down into tears and tell his story of how he watched his wife and daughter get brutally killed in front of him.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray Then he rips open his shirt, revealing the Punisher logo.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Jonathan blow hyping his game by saying everything you've seen just before has too many explosions and is padded with repetitive content to make it longer.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By therealnelsk

You guys realize they're capitalizing on the internet-popular "down with the man!" thing...right? Most of those people will buy right into the watch dogs ideal without ever realizing a multinational corp spoon fed them the idea. It's hilarious to watch.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azteck

That polygon demo was complete bullshit anyway. Of course a 30,000 polygon head will look amazing if it isn't dynamically lit or changed in real time. There's not even a body to think about.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

My interesting observation... The new dualshock doesn't have a start or a select button. It's 'options' and 'share'. The death of 'PRESS START TO PLAY'!

Avatar image for videogamesarenotart
    videogamesarenotart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azteck said:

That polygon demo was complete bullshit anyway. Of course a 30,000 polygon head will look amazing if it isn't dynamically lit or changed in real time. There's not even a body to think about.

considering how much people (including giantbomb staff) ooh and aaah'd over witcher 2 or crysis 1-3 with their high poly heads and 5 poly hands, your complaint is invalid

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray said:

@funkasaurasrex said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@grimluck343 said:

I thought half way through his presentation he was going to break down into tears and tell his story of how he watched his wife and daughter get brutally killed in front of him.

Oh man, I just watched it and that was amazing. It was so out of left field too, like he was going off script and desperately pleading to the audience to wake up and see what's going on around them or something. I mean he had tears in his eyes. TEARS IN HIS EYES.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funkasaurasrex I really was expecting him to pull out a glock at the end of his little speech. "LOOK AT YOUR FREEDOM NOW, PLEBEIANS!"

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@kortex said:

1. Quantic Dreams count their polygons on stage - Media Molecule speaks of the "tyranny of the polygon"
    2. Sony talks about connectivity on our devices and social networks; people watching your purchases and habits - infamous and watch dogs talk about loss of privacy and surveillance and how broadcasting your life kills your privacy/freedom

1. I think that's just two different ways of approaching games, both really appeal to me.

2. People are stupid, myself included. They'll realize they have lost their privacy when it is to late and then realize they were being warned since 1984.

@azteck said:

I thought it was? The lighting changed and the face moved.. Or am I gullable in believing that was real time?

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
    TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kortex said:

Sony has said that they don't require you to be online, they know people like to be social AND anti-social, you don't have to use all the social stuff if you don't want.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Snail
    @kortex said:

Wasn't the "tyranny of the polygon" thing also kind of about how a low number of polygons can limit creativity, and how the PS4's power can help break free of these limitations? Which is kind of the same thing David Cage was saying?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

@azteck said:

I thought it was? The lighting changed and the face moved.. Or am I gullable in believing that was real time?

It might be, I know only as much as you do. I simply refuse to believe that anything they show before they even have a console to run is a legitimate estimate of how it'll look in practice. These kinds of shows tend to have a lot of the kind-of-gameplay-but-still-not-really videos. I'm probably just a pessimist but until they show that in a setting outside of what was in the video, I'll remain one.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The horror. The horror.
    The horror. The horror.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.