Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Suggest a game out of these for me to buy and play

darkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So now that I got some money to buy a disc based game, I am a bit of a loss of what to get. I was almost set of AC4, but TB's WTF Is on it has me thinking twice on it. That and the Gold Edition is 80 bucks. Not the best thing ever when I'm on the fence after being just there.

But I'm still thinking of that and these: Killzone, NFS: Rivals, BF4, and I'm thinking that I want to at least try COD: Ghosts because the story is one that appeals to me (I've always liked those stories).

So out of the list:

- COD: Ghosts

- KZ: SF

- NFS

- AC4

Which do you think I should get? Or should I consider some other game (I heard FIFA's usually really good and I was curious, but my knowledge of soccer is fairly limited and I wouldn't be that great at playing it...I'd definitely pick up WWE 2k14 or NHL 14 if they had those for the PS4 since I know more about those than I do soccer).

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bwheeeler

I mean, you don't have to buy the Gold Edition of AC4! There's a whole entire game in that regular edition, one that's on soooooo many game of the year lists.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

None of them. Wait until Q2-Q3 when the good stuff starts coming out and get something then.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By jay_ray

Regular AC4 is the best on the list if you're into AC games

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By sammo21

I am going to say that having owned all of these games on the PS4 that Assassins Creed IV is the best out of the list. I will explain why the others are not below:

-Need For Speed: Rivals : Fun enough racing game but the multiplayer is hampered by a gimped online that only allows you to play with strangers, friends, or no one...no mix of friends and strangers, which is annoying. Besides that its confident enough outside of dumb design decisions with "banking points" and having to get to safe houses.

- Killzone: Shadow Fall: Standard Killzone affair. The campaign is underrated but still is pretty lame, imo. The game is incredibly beautiful and the online is interesting but on this list I can't recommend the game.

- COD: Ghosts: I think that this is without a doubt the worst entry in the series. The single player is boring, the story is more full of holes than previous entries, and the online has a lot of design decisions that made me hate the game. I can't imagine how they can screw up even the spawning so much. They have made it where I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will not be buying Call of Duty in the future. Add to it that I find Battlefield 4 superior in EVERY way to COD. I will add that the horde mode is fun but can largely not work well if not with like minded individuals or friends.

- FIFA 14 is fun but I wouldn't have bought it on my own (gift from christmas) as there are no worth while changes from Fifa 13 which I did play. If you didn't play Fifa 13 then its a fine enough entry.

These are obviously just my opinions but as of right now I have owned: COD, BF4, AC4, NFS, KZ, Knack, and Fifa.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Out of all those I'd definitely go with Ac4. I've had a blast with it since launch.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Assassin's Creed 4 is by far the best thing out of that list.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: As a heads up, you can totally play with friends and strangers. Start a friends-only game, get your friends in, then go back into the menu and choose the "Autodrive settings" then set the session back to public. others will join your session. Your other option is to join a public session then invite your friends.

@darkpower: I own everything other than COD. NFS:R is great, but for best bang out of your buck, AC4 is pretty hard to beat. (I actually havent started KZ:SF yet, so no opinion there)

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Having just knocked over AC4, I think it's pretty darned good. Though I do totally agree with Patrick in that all of the surroundings in the game are pretty great but the actual story missions and their mechanics are just boring and terrible. Just spend your time out of the high seas exploring and pillaging, play the story bits when you want to stop having fun.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which is a pretty sad thing to say

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

@demoskinos said:

Uh, I don't think so... AC4 is the best in the series so far. =\

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@eujin: Really, must be borked or something as its not really worked.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

@darkpower:

BF4 is pretty much all fixed on PS4, and fine as hell. Even serverside lag is almost completely eradicated. Infinite replayability, especially if you get Premium too.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never liked AC games, but AC4 is barely an AC game is open word at its finest, its a blast.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Disney Infinity is better than all of them combined.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how everything has become an acronym.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FIFA is suppose to be pretty sweet. Haven't played it myself. Personally I would go with AC.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By UitDeToekomst

i'd go with AC4 personally. haven't played Ghosts yet, but i found the other two choices pretty lackluster. i am playing NFS on the Xbone and - aside from my first session playing just after launch - I have never gotten into game that has had other actual people in it. Not sure if the situation is as dire on the PS4.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By emoney244

AC4 for sure but Killzone is a really close second.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

Killzone is pretty but shite. Battlefield is also pretty bad for single player but the multiplayer is mostly fixed and is fantastic.

I'm not an Assassins fan but I've really enjoyed the time I've put into it so far.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Really depends on what you would like. I personally like AC4 and Rivals the best out of those games. If you want a game that will last you awhile than go with Ghosts or Killzone. The single player portions of those two games were nothing special. AC4 was super fun and Rivals was a good racing game although I got bored rather quickly with it.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would stay away from Ghosts and Rivals. Ghost has a boring so and the multiplayer is plagued by terrible spawns and maps, Battlefield 4 is finally stable on PS4 and is one of the best battlefield experiences. Assassins Creed 4 would probably be the best to get if you like collecting things.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx said:

@demoskinos said:

Uh, I don't think so... AC4 is the best in the series so far. =\

I think they're all equally bad

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@darkpower: AC4 has proved to be a ton of fun and this is coming from someone that played every game in the series apart from AC3. I thought I was entirely burned out on the series and probably couldn't stomache what I initially perceived to be a cheap pirate re-skin of the much maligned AC3. Well no new games are out, I was getting increasingly restless, there was a sale so I got it. It has literally consumed countless hours of my free time to the point where I actually downloaded the iPhone app for the fleet mini game and play it at work or on the bus.

In terms of what you do on land - it's shamelessly the same exact formula from the previous 100 games in the series, and thats a shame. On the high seas though, it's a whole different story. Buying upgrades for your vessel is fun as is sailing and exploring. The story is also much more interesting as you're not out to save the world from the templars (at least initially) you're a regular ol' pirate, looking for an angle to get rich.

The only low point is that you're often forced back into the tired AC mission structure of following people, eavesdropping and generally being a passive observer. Despite that the entire game just seems fun and refreshing. Despite knowing better, I still try to get all the animus shards on an island, and open all chests, I don't know why I thought I was over it, but Black Flag sucked me right back in.

Highly recommend it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.