Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Tech Help: Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Speakers and PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By knetic2341

OK, so I have problem and knowing these speakers are pretty popular, I think I might find some help.
    I have owned these speakers for a few years, love them, and I want to continue using them. The problem is, since the PS4 does not have component out, I cannot use them. Right?
    I currently have a Red/White component to 3.5mm cable which plugs into the speakers and that how I get sound. My only thought was if my TV had the headphone jack out, but it doesn't.
    I think I have ran through every possible scenario, and I think they will not work with the PS4, even with some external cables and such. Am I wrong? Am I missing something? Should I accept it, and move on to some other sound system? If so, what sound system would you recommend?
    As always, thank you for your help.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Moving to PS4 platform board and closing - @korwin answered the question as best as it can be at this point, and there is quite a lengthy discussion going on in the topic he linked to with a couple of different solutions for users who are running into this issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.