The last of Us Remastered disc getting ejected from PS4

#1 Posted by lun49gameon (148 posts) -

So I was so excited that today I could finally play the last of us on ps4 for the first time ever. I received my package from amazon inserted the disc and it loaded properly, I took out the disc because I had to go to school and then later I put it back in and downloaded the patch. I took out the disc again and then put it back in but this time the ps4 spit it back out. I inserted the disc a few more times and still the disc would get ejected. I finally tried out a fix, to turn off the ps4 and then go into safe mode and rebuild database. It still didnt work and the ps4 started to beep even when it was turned off completely. I then tried out the watch dogs disc and it read perfectly, i ejected it and the ps4 beeped a couple more times. I finally inserted the last of us disc again by rotating slightly to see if that worked and it did only until I got to the game menu and then It was ejected.

So what is the problem? could it be the disc or the ps4? I really wanted to play it

#2 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1934 posts) -

This is a known issue with some PS4s. It happened with mine a few months back where it was ejecting discs during play once every few hours. There is a screw under the hard drive cover that you can tighten that will likely solve it at least temporarily. After tightening it I didn't have the issue for a couple weeks, though it didn't last. Eventually I gave in and just sent my system in for repair since the warranty was still good.

#3 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5404 posts) -

They really wanted you to buy digital.

#4 Posted by lun49gameon (148 posts) -

So I rebuilt the ps4 database and that only helped for a bit... and then I tried a simple fix of disconnecting it from the power for moe then 5 minutes and now it works . I don't know how long it will last like that and maybe I should just send it to get fixed. I do think it could be a software problem and not hardware because some other games worked when I would insert them, and sometimes I had to put in the last of us disc in a different manner and it would work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.