The PS4 "SHARE" Button: does anyone really care?

• 108 results
#101 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

I agree. I liked this on facebook to show my support.

#102 Posted by geirr (2381 posts) -

Yes, probably! At least, maybe.

#103 Edited by Pachtar_Klepek (89 posts) -

Cool idea in theory that I will never ever use. I don't want to share my gameplay and I don't want to watch someone else's.

Sounds kind of dumb saying that on a website where the most popular content are Quick Looks.

And you're right, no one wants to watch your gameplay.

#104 Posted by FlipperDesert (2069 posts) -

@john1912 said:

I MAY use it tor rub something in my brothers face.

Heh.

I'll probably share things, I used the screenshot button a lot while in big picture mode on Sleeping Dogs. I imagine that if you could rewind game footage back then the bug videos will be amazing.

#105 Edited by SpencerBoltz (83 posts) -

It's an interesting idea that has potential. Will I use it? I have no clue, but my wild guess would be, no. There's more than just the possibility of sharing game play footage with the share button though and that's what I'm most interested in.

#106 Posted by Demoskinos (13871 posts) -

Being able to instantly upload things to YouTube would be great. I don't know how many times I've come across some insanely random funny glitch in a game with nobody around to experience its glory.

#107 Posted by Eidderf (504 posts) -

I'd probably use it to share glitches and general funny stuff that happens in games with my friends, of course it depends how easy to use it all is but there are plenty of times where I have played a game and something silly has happened that I would like to show others. Even if I'd only use it a couple of times more functionality can only be a good thing.

#108 Posted by MikeJAMoran (25 posts) -

I think the whole letting people take control aspect is dumb and gimmicky, but as a utility for taking video and screenshots, I'm in.

#109 Edited by Quarters (1548 posts) -

I think it's something you can't predict. Once it gets in the hands of the general public, it could go a multitude of directions. I think it seems like a cool idea, with definite potential. With the current state of Let's Plays and the like, something like this makes sense for a modern console. So yes, I care, but it's all up to the people to make it happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.