Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Trouble redeeming codes?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

So I'm having issues redeeming codes on PSN with the PS4, everytime I try to redeem both the uplay pass and the aveline extra missions codes from AC4 it just dumps me back to the PS4 home screen and nothing happens. Anyone have the same problem, or is PSN just being PSN (which is likely because today is Europen launch day afterall)?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

It's likely because of server issues because the PS4 launched in Europe today. It kind of sucks, yeah, but just be patient.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

they shut off code functionality because of the European launch. Hopefully it's back up tomorrow or later tonight.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Glad to see this. Just tried redeeming a couple of PSN1 codes and kept having that happen.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

they shut off code functionality because of the European launch. Hopefully it's back up tomorrow or later tonight.

ah that, that explains it. seems its across all of PSN, people cant redeem the cheap PS+ codes on PS3 either. thanks dude, good to know :)

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I was wondering about this. I bought a year of PS+ from Amazon today and the code wouldn't work. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm worried that my code will somehow be invalid now, though.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

I was eventually able to redeem a code using the Sony Entertainment store website, so maybe try that if your console isn't working for you.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea I cant get my AC4 uplay code too work either.

webnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I still can't redeem my ps plus. But Sony says they're working on it, so there's that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Network-Issues-on-PSN/td-p/42313347

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this shit fixed yet? Been away for the weekend so couldn't try it on my console.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@syed117 Should be fixed now. I was able to redeem PS Plus membership today.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Syed117
    Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

For future reference, you can redeem codes in the settings part where the psn section is. I read that is a good alternative than the PS store

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.