Trouble redeeming codes?

#1 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

So I'm having issues redeeming codes on PSN with the PS4, everytime I try to redeem both the uplay pass and the aveline extra missions codes from AC4 it just dumps me back to the PS4 home screen and nothing happens. Anyone have the same problem, or is PSN just being PSN (which is likely because today is Europen launch day afterall)?

#2 Posted by SMTDante89 (2481 posts) -

It's likely because of server issues because the PS4 launched in Europe today. It kind of sucks, yeah, but just be patient.

#3 Posted by spraynardtatum (2140 posts) -

they shut off code functionality because of the European launch. Hopefully it's back up tomorrow or later tonight.

#4 Posted by Bane122 (764 posts) -

Glad to see this. Just tried redeeming a couple of PSN1 codes and kept having that happen.

#5 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

they shut off code functionality because of the European launch. Hopefully it's back up tomorrow or later tonight.

ah that, that explains it. seems its across all of PSN, people cant redeem the cheap PS+ codes on PS3 either. thanks dude, good to know :)

#6 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1597 posts) -

I was wondering about this. I bought a year of PS+ from Amazon today and the code wouldn't work. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm worried that my code will somehow be invalid now, though.

#7 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I was eventually able to redeem a code using the Sony Entertainment store website, so maybe try that if your console isn't working for you.

#8 Posted by ninnanuam (216 posts) -

yea I cant get my AC4 uplay code too work either.

#9 Posted by webnet (9 posts) -

Yeah I still can't redeem my ps plus. But Sony says they're working on it, so there's that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Network-Issues-on-PSN/td-p/42313347

#10 Posted by Syed117 (388 posts) -

Is this shit fixed yet? Been away for the weekend so couldn't try it on my console.

#11 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

@syed117 Should be fixed now. I was able to redeem PS Plus membership today.

#12 Edited by Syed117 (388 posts) -
#13 Posted by Lord_Xp (599 posts) -

For future reference, you can redeem codes in the settings part where the psn section is. I read that is a good alternative than the PS store

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.