Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What is going to be MP go to game for PS4

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll What is going to be MP go to game for PS4 (159 votes)

Call of Duty 9%
    Battlefield 6%
    Destiny 58%
    Something else 28%
     • 
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Destiny. For me, at least. Can't get enough, and the game isn't even out yet.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm guessing Destiny for now, but I'd like to see something focused on full on giant battles.

Warhawk on the PS3 was an amazing game with a feel all its own. I'd like to see something like that come in and really resonate with folks. Maybe Battlefront will fit the bill.

Battlefield 4 is great, but it just makes me want to play Bad Company 2 instead.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Destiny I suppose. I'll probably try out the newest Cod and Battlefield when they come out though.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@csl316: Now I think I recognize your username from the Warhawk days. Were you in one of the top clans? BSK or maybe CCX?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm holding out hope for the Planetside 2 port.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Nah, never formally joined a clan. I believe we put something together on Gamefaqs but it was never super organized.

I can say that for some reason, I was really, really good at that game in random matchmaking. I'm not a huge multiplayer guy and not particularly great at most shooters, but Warhawk was something special. Just a shame that it took a while before they stopped accidentally wiping stats.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Ok, yes, I definitely remember you from the GameFAQs board. I think W_R was one of the most masterful trolls ever.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing the new COD trailers and stuff from E3 it looks real good. COD has been doing the same thing for years, which isn't that bad cause they have been slowly tweaking it. I have no faith in Battlefield working properly. Even after beta I have no idea what the focus of destiny is MP or single player.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Zeik

I don't usually have "go to" multiplayer games, it's usually just what I feel like playing at the time. (If that doesn't happen to be a MP game then I don't play MP at all.) Destiny is definitely the type of game I'd probably go back to though, because it's more than just competitive multiplayer. I can only stomach competitve multiplayer for so long, but that's not usually a problem with co-op. Especially with Destiny's rather casual/low commitment multiplayer where I'm not expected to devote hours in a party with others.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zeik

@bofooq said:

Seeing the new COD trailers and stuff from E3 it looks real good. COD has been doing the same thing for years, which isn't that bad cause they have been slowly tweaking it. I have no faith in Battlefield working properly. Even after beta I have no idea what the focus of destiny is MP or single player.

Well the entire game of Destiny is basically multiplayer, you just have more freedom to ignore other players if you wish than some games. It definitely seems more about the co-op than the competitive multiplayer though, from my perspective. Although you can technically max out your level and completely gear your character through PvP, so I guess it's possible to never touch co-op. But the opposite is also true, and it feels like a larger majority of the content is devoted to co-op.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Destiny, but The Last of Us should really be in this poll as well. Can't wait to get back into that game now with 1080p/60 and a good controller.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By KaneRobot

Of the three probably Destiny, just due to marketing if nothing else. The right answer is probably none of the above, though. I don't see Destiny having the longevity Bungie is probably hoping for it. I was pretty tired of the beta by the time I hit the cap, and the multiplayer was the last enjoyable part of the experience.

Then again, if Call of Duty actually turns out to be good, it may just wind up blowing Destiny out of the water. Shrug.

Pushtoclose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll I agree, that game I think had one of the best multiplayers, can't wait to try on ps4

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It may also be Killzone. Aside from its mediocre campaign, its MP is actually quite fun. Once it hits playstation plus -which I just suppose it will- it may also become the go to MP game.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mosespippy

@csl316: I didn't like him for months, but then I found out his identity (from a random hate mail from a matchmaking game). Then I got invited to B.T. and he was on B.T. and he was a beast. He's one of the few players I know who flies pro 6axis. He smokes Params.

Pretending to be a shitty player who claims to be the greatest just to get everyone to hate you is funny. Sneaking his way into a top clan full of people who hate him and being better than them is some next level troll.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz

I feel the hype is pretty real for Destiny right now. Would love to see The Last of Us get a larger multiplayer following as previously mentioned by @ll_exile_ll, but I don't see it gaining any sort of dominance.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hopefully The Last of Us, if they sort out the connection issues.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

BattleCall of Destiny to be sure.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Battlefield delayed to 2015 so that kind of takes it out of the running.
    Destiny PVP was bleh. Stuck between trying to be Halo but not trying to be Halo, and finding some uncomfortable middle ground to face plant itself.
    COD looks to be more of the same proven formula with the biggest remix since MW. So, if you enjoy CODs gameplay but have been longing for a fresh take, this is probably the best place to bet your money.

If you are talking coop mp then Destiny may prove to be a solid choice, but then, you should also throw Evolve's name in the running.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm thinking Halo 2 Anniversary, with Destiny close behind for me.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Destiny= Halo

Which means I'm in love.

Avatar image for houseofballoons
    HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny for for sure, but the PvP really needs to be balanced before a lot of people just get annoyed with it. Other than that, I'm looking forward to the new CoD since I've stepped away from that franchise for so long.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Uncharted 4.

RyanOehrli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny. The entire marketing focus of the game has been on the multiplayer, and people are excited about playing with friends. Call of Duty games do a good job of holding attention for long periods of time, though. And the new one DOES look pretty cool.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tossing my hat in the ring for DCUO. Even though I don't play it because I can't bring myself to pay that subscription.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By twi

The last of us, has been great on the PS4. I highly recommend it!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think the concept of one game being the "go to" game is antiquated, that is not how people play games anymore. All games have MP modes of some kind and they all get played to a greater or lesser extent. CoD is always going to sell the most, but it is pretty much impossible to say any large percentage of system owner will play it like some sort of zeitgeist phenomenon.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I really hope that Destiny becomes WoW on PS4/X1. To clarify, I hope that they build so much content that we don't need a new base game every 2 years, but rather can just keep downloading expansions. It'd be awesome if Destiny became this mammoth sized game that you could play for 4-5 hours a week building and leveling and taking missions, much like WoW, where your friends all are. COD has always been that game that gets played a few hours a week casually just to keep playing something year-round. If Destiny became that with actual missions and planets rather than just arena-based deathmatch, it'd be awesome. That all said, I don't think it will.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Prepare to meet your Destiny.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By BigBoss1911

I'm thinking Halo 2 Anniversary, with Destiny close behind for me.

I didn't know halo 2 was on playstation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
    deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would have said Destiny but I've slowly cooled on that game as more of it's been revealed to the point I'm considering cancelling my pre-order and waiting for reviews.

Surprisingly, I'm finding myself going with The Last of Us Factions multiplayer. The way the meta-game and the survival mechanisms brought in from the single player influence the game play is fantastic. After playing Tomb Raiders laughably bad MP, it's refreshing to see the online side of TLoU has had some care lavished on it and thematically matches the story. The emphasis on stealth, teamwork and resource gathering is much more quietly revolutionary than Titanfall's flashy parkour and giant robots, in my opinion.

In fact, f there's a TLoU 2 I'm sort of more interested in the multiplayer now that Ellie and Joel's story is told. Hope they really expand on what they've done with extra game types, possibly even tying them in to the meta game so events determine the kind of match you play. Would love to see the infected brought into the game as well, whether as wildcards in competitive matches or in some kind of co-op mode.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#33  Edited By isomeri

I don't know really. I suspect that most of the Call of Duty crowd will stick with Xbox, and the competitive stuff in Destiny didn't seem all that great. Actually that Last of Us multiplayer seems to have gathered a following.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need better options.

Destiny

Diablo III UEE

Assassin's Creed Unity

Dragon Age's Inquisition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.