What will the PS4 look like?

#1 Edited by Bob_Loblaw (110 posts) -

I don't really have much of a care what the ps4 will actually end up looking like as long as it plays some sweet, sweet games. In saying that I do like me some futuristic looking technology and think they could do worse than follow the lead of their latest blu-ray player line. Give me those sharp angles, Sony.

#2 Posted by Cathryn (546 posts) -

@bob_loblaw: I like the look of that a lot. I just hope it isn't quite as bulky as the PS3.

Ah, and less of a fingerprint/dust magnet would be best. Some kind of textured or matte finish that doesn't look too bad if it doesn't get cleaned every day.

#3 Posted by 71Ranchero (2771 posts) -

#4 Edited by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

I really liked the design of the fat PS3, it has this real space age thing going on. If they could do something that evolves upon that, yet in a smaller package, I'd be down.

#5 Posted by dgtlty (160 posts) -

I just want it to be as small as possible and well ventilated.

#6 Posted by Bob_Loblaw (110 posts) -

@atramentous: Love it, you know every single button on it makes a satisfyingly meaty clunk and peep that sweet digital clock readout.

#7 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

How is a smaller package than the PS3 even possible when you've got multiple RAM chips and a GPU the equivalent of whatever the latest in AMD's technology is?

The consoles are PCs, and gaming PC towers have been getting bigger and bigger because they need ventilation and because the parts have become huge!

#8 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

#9 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Some kind of black rectangle

#10 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -
#11 Edited by BoFooQ (674 posts) -

bigger is always better.

The look of the system will have no effect on my decision.

#12 Posted by Bob_Loblaw (110 posts) -

Scratch that. I think fake wood panelling is due a Renaissance.

#13 Posted by anthonyallary (2 posts) -

I'd really just appreciate something that I want to display and show off. An object that I want to have on my desk or by my television. Apple have really got this down to a tee and it'd be great if sony can create something really desirable.

I must admit the hardware that they have show, the controller and camera look great. That pad looks great, I want to handle it and it looks much more functional than the duelshock 3. Alls I ask is that it has a bit of weight to the pad, I like to know I have a controller in my hand.

But I do agree whats being said over the internet and with how this topic started, unless it was something really silly it won't sway my current view of it.

#14 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4208 posts) -

It will look like that, but upside down and black.

I have no Photoshop nor skills..

#15 Posted by DxBecks (72 posts) -

I think they will style it after the Playstation or Playstation 2 (but with a more modern flavor), just for the Nostalgia factor; because why the fuck not?

#16 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -
#17 Edited by happypup70 (172 posts) -

call me crazy but I want it to look like a component you know something that you can put in a stack

like this but without as many knobs and buttons

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.