Will the seven day trials stack?

#1 Posted by NTM (7269 posts) -

I've tried searching, and there's a lot to it, but I didn't see any concrete answers. I'm just wondering, since when you buy some PS4 games (or even Xbox One games), you get trials with them, in this case, it's seven days; I'm just wondering, if I put one code in, and then another, will it be 14 days, or what have you depending on how many I put on, or will it just be separate? Hopefully that makes sense. I haven't yet bought PlayStation plus, only used the 30 day trial that came with the system and that just expired today.

#2 Posted by NTM (7269 posts) -

Never mind.

#3 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Just curious what this thread is about?

#4 Edited by Glottery (1109 posts) -

I'd assume PS Plus trial memberships, which don't stack, as the OP probably figured out. Pretty sure no other trials work on your account once you've used one, no matter how many days that was. Or at least I'd assume so, otherwise I could see it being exploited pretty easily.

#5 Posted by White (1328 posts) -

@glottery said:

@fredchuckdave said:

I'd assume PS Plus trial memberships, which don't stack, as the OP probably figured out. Pretty sure no other trials work on your account once you've used one, no matter how many days that was. Or at least I'd assume so, otherwise I could see it being exploited pretty easily.

So, wait. If I buy a game, redeem my trial, and in another 14 days buy another game and attempt to redeem the trial associated with the 2nd game, I won't get it?

#6 Edited by NTM (7269 posts) -
@white said:

@glottery said:

@fredchuckdave said:

So, wait. If I buy a game, redeem my trial, and in another 14 days buy another game and attempt to redeem the trial associated with the 2nd game, I won't get it?

No, I think you can. You just can't stack it directly after putting one on, but I believe you can add another trial after the previous trial is done. The reason I said never mind was because my brother tried it and it wouldn't let him; even though it doesn't answer part of my question, it answers what needed to be answered. I have a feeling another code will work after this trials over; it wouldn't make much sense if it didn't really, but if we can't, then that answers the other part of what I'm curious about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.