Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

Character Leak

• 50 results
    drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By drac96

Earlier today on Reddit the user 696Ly posted an image he claimed to be from PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. What's lame is that it was obscured by the word leak repeated over and over.

No Caption Provided

As you can see there are character portraits and stages in this image. While the characters do not necessarily seem real the stages do. Clearer images can be found around the internet and they look pretty sweet. I personally like the LocoRoco one.

Anyways, I hope that these leaked characters are in fact real. They are as follows.

• Sir Daniel (MediEvil)
    • Spike (Ape Escape)
    • Ratchet
    • Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
    • Dante (DMC)
    • Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)
    • Nathan Hale (Resistance)
    • Sackboy (Little Big Planet)

Some people think that Nathan Hale is actually Evil Cole, but that seems kind of odd since Cole is already a character. If these do end up being legit they may not consist of the entire cast, since most of the previously announced characters are absent.

What do you guys think? Is this legit? Are you excited to see any of these characters?

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The stages are the only thing that seem legit. Here you go. Click to zoom. 

No Caption Provided
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

A lot of the characters are pretty obvious, I mean of course Sackboy and Ratchet will be in it, very happy to see Nariko in it. Man forget this where is my Heavenly Sword 2!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

If they had to put in a Resistance character, they'd be better off sticking a Chimera. Like Killzone, all of the characters are terribly bland, but the Helghast/Chimera are at least visually distinctive. This is only speaking for if they do plan on putting a Resistance character in there. I think we've already got enough 'normal' characters equipped with guns as it is anywhoo. One of the larger Chimera creatures like the gorilla-esque Brawler would make for a fun addition, though.

As for Cole, I'd assume that his 'infamous' iteration would be an alternate costume. Though while they each have differing powers, they could probably make All-Stars Cole a mish-mash of both sides, having powers from each side of the spectrum.

Oh, and loving the look of the Uncharted 3 Aeroplane stage! What's stage number 4 btw? It almost looks like Columbia from BioShock Infinite.

EDIT: Right, I forgot that there's going to be a Big Daddy in the game so there being a stage styled from BioShock suddenly doesn't seem so far fetched.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By altairre

I think you will totally see all of those characters in the game and I have to say that I'm okay with all of them. This game looks more and more like something I'd want to check out even if I would have prefered a "real" beat em up.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Yummylee said:

If they had to put in a Resistance character, they'd be better off sticking a Chimera. Like Killzone, all of the characters are terribly bland, but the Helghast/Chimera are at least visually distinctive. This is only speaking for if they do plan on putting a Resistance character in there. I think we've already got enough 'normal' characters equipped with guns as it is anywhoo. One of the larger Chimera creatures like the gorilla-esque Brawler would make for a fun addition, though.

As for Cole, I'd assume that his 'infamous' iteration would be an alternate costume. Though while they each have differing powers, they could probably make All-Stars Cole a mish-mash of both sides, having powers from each side of the spectrum.

Oh, and loving the look of the Uncharted 3 Aeroplane stage! What's stage number 4 btw? It almost looks like Columbia from BioShock Infinite.

I think the Nathan Hale from the end of Resistance 2, where he has psychic alien powers and whatnot, would fit in well and wouldn't have to rely too much on being a guy with a gun.  Although, he would easily be the best guy with a gun, given Resistance's weapons.

I still vote for Grimm though.
    No Caption Provided
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By jacksukeru

I would have no problem if those listed were characters in the game, regardless if this leak is real or not. The game would still lack Klonoa, Raziel and Tomba though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@Spoonman671 said:

@Yummylee said:

I think the Nathan Hale from the end of Resistance 2, where he has psychic alien powers and whatnot, would fit in well and wouldn't have to rely too much on being a guy with a gun. Although, he would easily be the best guy with a gun, given Resistance's weapons.

lol I completely forgot about that segment of Resistance 2... so weird and out of nowhere and it lasted for like 2 minutes! But I suppose that could work, if still doubtful. Nathan Hale is more so recognised for being a typical grunt with a lotta guns. And while you're right, Resistance's weaponry would make for some decent character abilities, the character design itself would still be rather bland and I'd much prefer if they add in a Chimera creature over any of the human characters.

@RockmanBionics said:

I would have no problem if those listed were characters in the game, regardless if this leak is real or not. The game would still lack Klonoa, Raziel and Tomba though.

There's always the possibility that there's going to be a lot of secret characters in the game. I hope so anywhoo. Unlocking characters and wondering who you'll find next in the Smash Brothers series was just as enticing as actually playing the game with the full roster unlocked.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mitsuko_souma

This game looked absolutely terrible during the E3 demo. The people playing couldn't even figure out who was winning or had won the match.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Raiden instead of Snake is a interesting choice. I dig it. Granted these leaks are true.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By drac96

@mitsuko_souma said:

This game looked absolutely terrible during the E3 demo. The people playing couldn't even figure out who was winning or had won the match.

I thought this too, but then I saw the demonstration they did at EVO. It looked a whole lot better. That's probably because they had Clockwork demoing the game. You know, a fighting game player from the dev team demoing what they want to be a competitive game.

This article on Shoryuken has the video. Since you seem to have hated the E3 demo as much as I did you should check it out.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@drac96 said:

@mitsuko_souma said:

I thought this too, but then I saw the demonstration they did at EVO. It looked a whole lot better. That's probably because they had Clockwork demoing the game. You know, a fighting game player from the dev team demoing what they want to be a competitive game.

This article on Shoryuken has the video. Since you seem to have hated the E3 demo as much as I did you should check it out.

Hmm, I'm really not liking the sound effects for the attacks. They sound weirdly soft and flat, like everyone's punching a literal punching bag. Other than that the game looks pretty alright.

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By corruptsaves

@drac96: Watching that video has made me take more of a liking to the game. It looks more interesting close up but the bulk of the game will be zoomed out I'm guessing. Hoping there will excuses to get close up, like character specific story type modes. I want to get into this game, it has a bit of a sterile feel to it.

Having never really had a chance to play a Smash Brothers game I'll have a good excuse to get it. Wonder how many characters are going to be DLC..

Dan_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Dan_Persona

Is that t-rex?

No Caption Provided
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spoonman671
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yummylee

lol

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer

Nariko! RAIDEN!

Sounds pretty sweet.

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adaurin

If they let people who own LBP use their custom Sackboy that would be a really nice touch. Also Persona is enough of a big part of Sony's history I'm hoping someone like Chie will show up in this game at some point.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Fortesque? Hell yes.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Dante is in this I'll be completely sold. I was probably going to buy this anyways.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Phatmac

Glad to see Daniel getting some love. I'm still hoping to see Tomb Raider and Crash be announced already. They seem like pretty obvious choices. Also some Scifon Filter love would be much appreciated. Lastly that Loco Roco stage looks incredible.

Avatar image for tekkenstreetfighterfanforever
    TekkenStreetFighterFanForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here is a Better Pic Of The mybe Leaked Characters, One Reason Mybe Why the Leaked Characters Could be Real Evil Cole

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By Liquidus

I'm fully expecting Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza to show up, he's too perfect a character for this game for them to not use him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImmortalSaiyan:Snake will be in the Game To, It was Told on Twitter that The Guy that does the Voice For Snake was doing Voice Work For the Game

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Yummylee

@TekkenStreetFighterFanForever said:

No Caption Provided

Here is a Better Pic Of The mybe Leaked Characters, One Reason Mybe Why the Leaked Characters Could be Real Evil Cole

Nycccccccc. God, now I really hope this leak turns up true so the Ninja Theory Dante makes it in. And I guess adding in two different Coles could make sense; it'd be just like the clone characters from SSB's like Mario/Luigi, Fox/Falco ect.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Yummylee

@Liquidus said:

I'm fully expecting Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza to show up, he's too perfect a character for this game for them to not use him.

Kiryu, something from Demon's Souls (Tower Knight!), and Jen from Primal are the three I'm rooting for the most. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Lord William Hawksmoor from Ghosthunter make an appearance, if only for the possibility of getting a little more Michael Gambon in mah gamin'.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By GoofyGoober

This game is going to be fun as hell for parties.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ervonymous

They could do some fun stuff with Daniel. Rev up the gatling gun, toss his arm around, make weird noises jumping and hitting his head, turn into the boxing Dankenstein. I friggin loved MediEvil 2.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AngelN7

Weird, they went with new Dante? Old Dante is more iconic and the 'Dante' to be in a Playstation all stars game, buy seeing some of the characters so far Heihachi being new young Heihachi and Raiden being Rising Raiden instead of MGS4 I can see that they're going for the lastest iteration of the characters they're choosing.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By ESREVER

Personally, I'd take Kai over Nariko. Then I'd take her out to dinner. Afterwards, we'd play some TWINGTWANG!

I found Kai to be seriously adorable. I <3'd her in Heavenly Sword. Hopefully she can make a cameo in All Stars somehow. I also really wish they'd put Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles in it, she'd be a perfect fit. Lemme get my Valkyur on.

Also, fuckyeaDante.

Maitimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Maitimo

@AngelN7 said:

Weird, they went with new Dante? Old Dante is more iconic and the 'Dante' to be in a Playstation all stars game, buy seeing some of the characters so far Heihachi being new young Heihachi and Raiden being Rising Raiden instead of MGS4 I can see that they're going for the lastest iteration of the characters they're choosing.

A lot of the characters were clearly gained on the basis that the game would make good marketing for other publishers' upcoming titles. Ergo a version of Dante whose game won't even be out when All Stars is released (and who is quite unpopular, and so a bad pick), Raiden over Snake, young Heihachi, and if the other rumours hold, Lightning over the likes of Cloud. It's dumb when the game's apparently meant to be a celebration of all things Playstation, but there you go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yummylee:Well Think Evil Cole Could have a Different Level 3

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AngelN7

@TekkenStreetFighterFanForever said:

@Yummylee:Well Think Evil Cole Could have a Different Level 3

Yeah, also Evil Cole is there for those who said "why do they went with Good/Ice Powers Cole? that must be the canon Cole!"

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@Maitimo said:

@AngelN7 said:

A lot of the characters were clearly gained on the basis that the game would make good marketing for other publishers' upcoming titles. Ergo a version of Dante whose game won't even be out when All Stars is released (and who is quite unpopular, and so a bad pick), Raiden over Snake, young Heihachi, and if the other rumours hold, Lightning over the likes of Cloud. It's dumb when the game's apparently meant to be a celebration of all things Playstation, but there you go.

While this is completely true, it surprisingly works. We already get to play as snake in SSBB so having awesome ninja Raiden seems interesting and personally, I prefer cloud over lightning since he seems like he'd be a boring fighter. Choosing Dante was an overall bad pick though because that comes across as blatant advertising.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AcidBrandon18

No Spyro? :(

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Strife777

I like the characters they're putting in. But they're not going crazy enough. Parappa and the Sony cat mascot thing are a good start, but I want fucking Noby Noby Boy or something!

Still, I'm pretty going to buy that game either way, just to know how it turns out.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By drac96

@Strife777 said:

I like the characters they're putting in. But they're not going crazy enough. Parappa and the Sony cat mascot thing are a good start, but I want fucking Noby Noby Boy or something!

Still, I'm pretty going to buy that game either way, just to know how it turns out.

I'm with you on that, except for Sir Dan. I never would have thought he'd be included

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dixego

Dante? DANTE?

DANTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By gaminghooligan

that bioshock infinite level looks really cool.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@drac96 said:

@mitsuko_souma said:

Thanks for the link. The gameplay definitely looks way better there, I still don't like the battle arenas though. They all look really bland and noninteractive. I think I would only get this game if I knew I would be playing with friends a lot irl.

SoleVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SoleVillain

I'll be tremendously pissed if solid snake is not in this game.

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By theslothking

@Phatmac said:

Glad to see Daniel getting some love. I'm still hoping to see Tomb Raider and Crash be announced already. They seem like pretty obvious choices. Also some Scifon Filter love would be much appreciated. Lastly that Loco Roco stage looks incredible.

CD has already said they weren't going to allow Laura in PASBR and I doubt activision will let crash be in there.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By Opus

I really want to see the Columbia level in action, I assume the dynamic in that level will involve Songbird fighting something equally as large.

Wander is still a no show to boot, it's bumming me out as the character slots start reaching that magic number.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#47  Edited By jacksukeru

I want every character that has been mentioned in this thread in the game! Damnit, I'm setting myself up for disappointment aren't I?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By toowalrus

I certainly hope this isn't the complete list. How could they not include Crash?

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cyrisaurus

@TooWalrus said:

I certainly hope this isn't the complete list. How could they not include Crash?

Because Activision is a horrible, evil company and probably demanded 20 million for his IP license?

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#50  Edited By jeff

@TooWalrus said:

Pretty sure this is the full roster. The full playable roster, anyway.

I'm guessing there's a shitty business reason behind Crash not appearing in the main roster, that sort of seems like a big oversight otherwise.

So... start hoping for Crash to be on the DLC roster, I guess?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.