Character wishlist!

• 93 results
#1 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

So, yeah, pretty self-explanatory: Let's get our wishlists down!

There's a fair amount of obvious choices that are all but confirmed, but considering they'll be going way back into the PS1 library, I'm hoping there'll be a lot more obscure unlockable characters in there too.

First, the obligatory list:

• Nathan Drake
  • Jak (and Daxter?)
  • Ratchet
  • Cole MacGrath
  • Sackboy

And who I'm personally hoping for:

I'm not going to delve into who I'd want from third party sources because it's a little too open-ended, and I wouldn't even know where to begin... or end.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I want James Bond.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18914 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot has to be in this game.

#4 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

That list shows me just how disinterested in Sony characters I clearly am. Sackboy is the only one remotely interesting to me. I better hope for many RPG anime characters to give me something to care about.

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

I think he'd be under the ''third party'' cast at this point, but yeah, I'd love for him to return. For all of the garbage that proceeded his PS1 days, Crash 2, Warped and Team Racing hold a special place in my heart that no amount of mediocre follow-ups can remove <3

#6 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -
#7 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

Spyro would be kinda cool.

#8 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

noby noby boy

a colossus

Ares

Lara croft

Scott shelby

cyborg raiden

#9 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

Also, young Ocelot would be an appreciated addition. And yes, I know of his appearance on the Xbox.

#10 Posted by Natedogg2 (446 posts) -

If there's no Polygon Man as one of the bosses, I'll be slightly disappointed.

#11 Posted by Giantstalker (1541 posts) -

The Ridge Racer Chick.

#12 Posted by BeachThunder (11719 posts) -

I will buy this game day 1 if Master Chief is in it.

#13 Posted by rawrsair (819 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

Yes! Couldn't agree more.

#14 Edited by MachoFantastico (4510 posts) -

I'd be both saddened and surprised if Solid Snake doesn't feature, wonder if there would be any issues with Snake featuring in Super Smash.  

Excited to see what they do with Sackboy, they could be crazy with his special moves. Crash Bandicoot and Lara Croft would be great inclusions to. 

#15 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@TrueEnglishGent said:

I'd be both saddened and surprised if Solid Snake doesn't feature, wonder if there would be any issues with Snake featuring in Super Smash. Excited to see what they do with Sackboy, they could be crazy with his special moves. Crash Bandicoot and Lara Croft would be great inclusions to.

I imagine Sackboy would function similar to Kirby, able to steal any of the character's powers while also wearing the character's costume, but would no doubt have a few of his own attacks. Maybe using stickers or something...

#16 Posted by TheRamboFetus (51 posts) -

I can't imagine Activision would let Sony put Crash or Spyro in the game.

#17 Posted by TheHT (10930 posts) -

I'd love to see Yurt from Demon's Souls in it, but something tells me they'll put more core/popular franchise characters in the game. But then Fat Princess gives me hope that some non-big-name characters will make the cut.

Wonder if there's gonna be a Final Fantasy character.

#18 Posted by HowDire (267 posts) -

They said they are going to work with 3rd party developers so the possibilities are pretty open.

#19 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

They pretty much have to work with third parties, since a lot of the characters people want aren't actually owned by Sony, they just happen to appear exclusively on the Playstation. Anyone from Yakuza, Persona, MGS, Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy, etc, are out unless they can get the rights.

Anyway, my biggest wish is for Sir Daniel Fortesque.

#21 Posted by Dimsey (949 posts) -

Parappa. 

#22 Posted by sionweeks (646 posts) -

@Abyssfull: How is Kratos not in the obligatory list?

#23 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@sionweeks said:

Because he's already been confirmed...

#24 Posted by sionweeks (646 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@sionweeks said:

Oh sorry, this is the first I'm reading about this besides the speculation. Do you have a link to where they've confirmed this?

#25 Edited by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@sionweeks said:

@Abyssfull said:

@sionweeks said:

Oh sorry, this is the first I'm reading about this besides the speculation. Do you have a link to where they've confirmed this?

Debut announcement

Though I don't know how you missed it; the only other thread on the playstation all-stars board here has the debut trailer linked at the top. But anywhoo, it confirms Kratos, some Killzone Major fellow, Parappa, Fat Princess, Sly Raccoon and Sweet Tooth.

#26 Posted by sionweeks (646 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@sionweeks said:

@Abyssfull said:

@sionweeks said:

Debut announcement

Though I don't know how you missed it; the only other thread on the playstation all-stars board here has the debut trailer linked at the top. But anywhoo, it confirms Kratos, some Killzone Major fellow, Parappa, Fat Princess, Sly Raccoon and Sweet Tooth.

Thank you. I haven't been on for a day ish and just scrolled to the bottom of the Giantbomb page to have a look and saw this thread. Thanks again.

#28 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -

Man, I hope Kevin Butler is playable. I would definitely buy this game if he was in it.

So far as characters people haven't mentioned yet...I can't really think of any. I'm also curious as to what exactly is going to differentiate this (game play wise) from Smash Bros., because so far it just looks like Smash Bros. but with Sony characters. And I mean other than having a super meter. Not that that's a bad thing, I guess. I do love the Smash Bros. games, but I dunno.

#30 Posted by stonepawfox (236 posts) -

Wex Major from Wild 9

THINK ABOUT THE GRAPPLING POSSIBILITIES

and his level three super is throwing you through a grinder

#31 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -

@Sreya: I suppose it's the kind of thing where you have to play it to see why it might be different. Thus far, it just looks like Smash Bros. with a few minor changes here and there, because while they say it doesn't feel like Smash Bros., that doesn't really mean anything to me without my having played it to know what they mean.

#32 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

YOu have to remember it most probably wont have third party characters since its the first in a series.

#33 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Man that game looks weird!

#34 Posted by Sanj (2354 posts) -

They need Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot, not that crappy Radical version (if that's even possible).

#35 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I don't know there's an issue with not so popular characters being on the roster , I didn't know who the hell the Ice climbers or Roy and Marth where when I played Melee so who cares?, I think is super cool they're pulling random ass characters like Parappa they should try to go as crazy as they can with those characters is so weird but kinda awesome.

#36 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4306 posts) -

Ico and the Wanderer are my only two requirements. Notice I said requirements. They better be in this game, Sony...

Oh, and this is completely fucking random, but for some reason, when I was watching the GTTV thing and they were talking about the final boss, for some fucking reason, the only thing that came to mind was some cartoonish version of either Jack Trenton or Kevin Butler and I just completely fucking lost it. Like I was sitting in my room at 8 in the morning and just laughing like a crazy person lol.

#37 Edited by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Cloud

Emmett Graves (Starhawk)

Old Dante

Old Snake

Drake

The knight from Demon's Souls (will also settle for False King)

#38 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

Put in Travis Touchdown. No More Heroes was ported to the PS3 so he at least appeared on a Sony console.

#39 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

The kid from Journey

#40 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@Ramone said:

The kid from Journey

That game needs a Journey or a Shadow of the Collosus Stage.

#41 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4306 posts) -

How batshit insane would it be if this game had Chie in it...

#42 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Noby Noby Boy and a Colossi are my top choices.

For third party, they should try and get Snake. If they somehow managed to get Cloud in this game, they may just one up Smash Bros in the eyes of most fanboys.

#43 Posted by BlackLagoon (1384 posts) -

I think a lot of people are overlooking one of the most iconic IPs Sony owns - Lemmings. It'd be a perfect way to make them somewhat relevant again. And to dig even deeper into the Psygnosis catalog, there's Aarbron from Shadow of the Beast if they want to score some real oldschool points. Oh, and a classic Walkman traps his foes with endless coils of cassette tape would be great.

#44 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I don't care that the hd collection is on Xbox, solid snake is a playstation icon so he has to be in there. You know what if you tell me I can pit solid snake against Kratos then I'm in.

#45 Posted by mosespippy (4050 posts) -
#46 Posted by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -

Clown from Heavy Rain

Cameraman Jeff from Uncharted 2

Kara

Geo Hotz

Make it happen Sony!

#47 Edited by GunstarRed (5044 posts) -

Parappa is the character i'd want and he's in it. Soooo Chop Chop Master Onion! Also, Nariko and or Kai.

How could I forget... Vibri from Vib Ribbon! And even if she wasn't in the game a background in the style of that game would be really cool.

#49 Posted by drac96 (668 posts) -

Chop Cop Onion Master, PJ, and Lammy.

#50 Posted by SoyBob (161 posts) -

Jumping Flash from the game of the same name.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.