#2 Posted by RTSlord (1199 posts) -

If this isnt true, you're a horrible person

#3 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I swear, this better be true.

#4 Posted by TheHT (10929 posts) -

would be great if they pulled it off.

#5 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2988 posts) -

No way!

If this is true couldn't it open the door to Crash Bandicoot games again?

I still play the first one on my PS. Soundtrack is amazingly good.

#6 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Oh come on! people were not expecting Crash to show up? he's one of the obvious for the roster.

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Seems suspicious.

#8 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

Can we get a source on this picture? Just posting a picture and asking "is this real?" isn't helping.

#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -

Irrelevant of the accuracy of this, Crash better be in that game. I don't care what Sony needs to do, they need to get Crash in the game.

#10 Posted by Spoonman671 (4565 posts) -

That's cool if he's in there, but it sucks if this is a real leak.

#11 Posted by Hailinel (23960 posts) -

Would someone please explain Crash's appeal? He's like the adult Gary Coleman of video games at this point.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14584 posts) -

I'm kinda shocked that people seemingly still have some sort of affinity for Crash.

#13 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I'm kinda shocked that people seemingly still have some sort of affinity for Crash.

I imagine most of us here grew up with Crash, just like a lot of people still have affinity for Spyro.

#14 Posted by TheHT (10929 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

Oh come on! people were not expecting Crash to show up? he's one of the obvious for the roster.

yeah except activision owns the rights to him.

#15 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

It's called childhood. Most of us spent ours with Crash.

@TheHT said:

@AngelN7 said:

There are going to be plenty of characters in this game owned by other publishers. That means nothing.

#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Would someone please explain Crash's appeal? He's like the adult Gary Coleman of video games at this point.

I think you just explained it!

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (14584 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: True, but most of us also grew up with sonic. And pretty much everyone throw's sonic under a bus. Its been awhile since there have been any real notable crash games too. I figured in most people's minds he was kinda in the same space of sonic. Old mascot hero who hasn't had a good game in ages but used to be loved.

#18 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

It's fake, but in other news....

OMFG JOHN CENA IN MVC3

#19 Posted by The_Nubster (2053 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

That's because, while under the watchful eye of Naughty Dog, Crash Bandicoot games were very well-made, simple and fun 3D platformers. Some of the best of their time, I'd say. I know I spent countless hours with Crash.

#20 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Demoskinos: I think people haven't thrown Crash under the bus because the shittier games was made by an entirely different studio and publisher, with Sonic's case it's the same name as it has always been. I bet if Naughty Dog treated Crash like Sonic Team treated Sonic it'd be the exact same reaction.

#21 Posted by Spoonman671 (4565 posts) -

People wondering what Crash's appeal is?

#22 Posted by Demoskinos (14584 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: In fairness to sonic "Sonic Team" hasn't been the same for ages either so might have well been another dev making it.

#23 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Crash was the mascot for the original Playstation. He was positioned as Sony's equivalent to Mario and Sonic, of course people would want a Sony fighter to have him in it.

#24 Posted by President_Barackbar (3439 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

He's the Mario or Sonic for kids that grew up with an original Playstation.

#25 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Demoskinos: True, which is why I said it was always under the same name. I think as long as that developer is called Sonic Team, the average person will probably regard it as the exact same team that made old Sonic.

#26 Posted by ch3burashka (5017 posts) -

I don't know why everyone is so worried. Of course they'll include Crash, it's just a matter of PR timing or DLC.

#27 Posted by Hailinel (23960 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA said:

I don't know why everyone is so worried. Of course they'll include Crash, it's just a matter of PR timing or DLC.

I'm guessing it's more a matter of agreeing to any monetary demands that Activision makes.

@Spoonman671 said:

People wondering what Crash's appeal is?

I remember that commercial.

I also remember that the last game I recall Crash being in was a poor man's Mario Party on the DS. Hard times he fell upon.

@President_Barackbar said:

@Hailinel said:

He's the Mario or Sonic for kids that grew up with an original Playstation.

I feel like I've been generation gapped, and I was a teenager when that game came out.

#28 Posted by TheSlothKing (330 posts) -

Looks fake.

#29 Posted by c_rakestraw (833 posts) -

If this is real, they'd better get Spyro in there too, just 'cause.

#30 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2988 posts) -

@Hailinel: Those first three games are really great. They're fun platformers with great gameplay and an amazing soundtrack. Crash is super likeable too. It's hard to be explain but it probably has to do with his big eyes and smile. His animations are excellent and there's a really strong sense of humour in the series. It's charming and fun with just the right amount of challenge.

Also, I think his commercials were really good.

#31 Posted by TheHT (10929 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@TheHT said:

@AngelN7 said:

There are going to be plenty of characters in this game owned by other publishers. That means nothing.

but this is Activision.

#32 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -
@Tobiass said:

OMFG JOHN CENA IN MVC3

BAH THEY PUT THIS IN AND NOT MEGAMAN I'LL NEVER SUPPORT THIS GAME WITH MY DOLLAR OH NO CAPCOM NUH UH THERE GOES ANOTHER CUSTOMER
#33 Posted by Hunter5024 (5552 posts) -

That crash doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the screen to me. Not as well as I think it would. So I'm not convinced by this picture. I hope he's in it though, Crash is my boy!

#34 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

Probably real. It's Crash Bandicoot. He was THE mascot of the PS1.

#35 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

The appeal of Crash are his death animations, and straight forward design, i guess.

#36 Posted by papercut (3451 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

That's some Panda heat you're going for there.

I kind of wish I didn't see this, because now I can only be disappointed.

#37 Posted by Demoskinos (14584 posts) -

@papercut: I'll just give all those jabroni's the Panda Cutter.....through a table of course.

#38 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

That looks like it could easily be fake, I'm not getting my hopes up.

#39 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

Shadow looks very off. So does the lighting on Crash in comparison to the other characters.

...Also is there a dude in the background?

#40 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (545 posts) -

I don't get why Crash is just an announced character already, whether that screenshot was fake or not. Spyro's got the Skylanders thing, sure I guess, but I mean geez, what the heck is activision doing with Crash lately? I can't say he's exactly been in any Best Buys recently. If activision won't let the character they haven't used in what seems like ages in a game that is well-aimed to be a Sony history lesson, then they ARE the worst.

#41 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

He appears to be off the plane of the other characters but aside from that between the character dropped in there, the 4p tag, the portrait down at the bottom and the light reflection of the screen covering up any imperfections this is a masterpiece if it's fake.

#42 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

This has to be true, I mean he was Sony's Mascot for crying out loud.

#43 Posted by StarvingGamer (8032 posts) -

Looks hella fake to me, the coloration is all off, and the extreme cropping of the picture is suspect.

Also I'm too old to give a shit about Crash.

Man, you kids.

#44 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -
@Tobiass said:

OMFG JOHN CENA IN MVC3

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
#45 Posted by damswedon (3175 posts) -

@Tobiass said:

OMFG JOHN CENA IN MVC3

BULLSHIT, John Cena is easily a DC character.

#46 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@aquamarin said:

He appears to be off the plane of the other characters but aside from that between the character dropped in there, the 4p tag, the portrait down at the bottom and the light reflection of the screen covering up any imperfections this is a masterpiece if it's fake.

I've seen far more convincing fakes. The John Cena picture is more convincing for crying out loud.

I wouldn't rule him out appearing in the game, but this definitely isn't proof of it.

#47 Posted by craigymail (192 posts) -

I hope this is true! He is the Sony-est of Sony characters.

#48 Posted by SamFo (1523 posts) -
#49 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

The original looks fake as hell. The lighting is all wrong and he's a lot further into the Z axis than Fat Princess is.

@SamFo: That's also a fake. It's a good fake that gets peoples hope up but still a fake.

#50 Posted by MocBucket62 (1159 posts) -

That looks pretty fake to me, but I still want Crash to be in the game. Sony will shit the bed if he and Spyro aren't in it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.