Full PS All-Stars ad (from the creators of the "Michael" ad)

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

This is what Sony's been hinting at with their three teaser videos posted before this full length one.

From the PlayStation blog:

Over the past few days we’ve released three short teasers filled with clues and a suspicious 10/23/12 date. As expected, nothing gets past the faithful members of the PlayStation Nation, as you quickly pieced together that these teasers are about PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale.
Last year, we released “Michael,” a campaign which paid homage to you, the gamer. We like to think of PlayStation All-Stars as a continuation of that as it was made as a tribute to gamers, tapping into PlayStation’s legendary history and featuring some of the your most beloved franchises in our first ever cross-over fighting game.
We’ve created this short live-action film called “The All-Star” to celebrate PlayStation All-Stars’ upcoming launch. The film will debut tonight on YouTube at Midnight EST (9:00PM PST), but we wanted to give the PlayStation Nation an advanced screening.

To me, it doesn't beat the original "Michael" ad, which I think is one of the greatest video game ads ever, but I think it's okay and promotes the concept of PlayStation All-Stars well. Was definitely expecting more after those teasers, though.

Michael ad for reference:

#2 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

The players interaction with Kratos was kinda neat but otherwise that was a mostly uninteresting commercial.

#3 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Also a Sony commercial and still the king: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qiFsT41AHg

#4 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

I miss Nolan North's soothing monologues, any game that isn't Assassin's Creed, Uncharted or Spec Ops the Line that I'm missing out on in that regard?

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5722 posts) -

That guy doesn't look like a good Drake. Other than that this is a fine tv ad.

#6 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

But he is Nathan Drake. That's Nolan North.

Wait, I'm crazy. I thought it was the same guy as in the "Michael" ad, but it doesn't seem like it.

#7 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Cole's backstory would be much better if he was an MMA fighter instead of a paper boy.

#8 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Cool. Kinda weird that Kratos was CG, though. They got a suitable looking Drake and Cole, and I mean, Kratos is basically just a really jacked, angry, bald guy covered with ashes. I dunno.

#9 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

I love it! The beginning was like the final 5 minutes of every Deadliest Warrior episode.

#10 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

The players interaction with Kratos was kinda neat but otherwise that was a mostly uninteresting commercial.
#11 Posted by Phatmac (5722 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ

@Phatmac said:

But he is Nathan Drake. That's Nolan North.

Wait, I'm crazy. I thought it was the same guy as in the "Michael" ad, but it doesn't seem like it.

Not at all. His forehead and hair is completely different.
#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14578 posts) -

MEH!

#13 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

Was alright, but I agree, it really isn't near as good as michael. Plus, needs more creepy crying head spinning PS3 baby.

#14 Edited by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -

Kratos is 'Hulkin'' too much and Sackboy shoulda been CGI or not star in the commercial at all. These commercials just make me think cluster-fuck and they just serve to promote fanboy-ism.

We’ve created this short live-action film called “The All-Star” to celebrate PlayStation All-Stars’ upcoming launch. The film will debut tonight on YouTube at Midnight EST (9:00PM PST), but we wanted to give the PlayStation Nation an advanced screening.

Jees, it's an advertisement regardless of how well it's produced.

#15 Posted by DukesT3 (1893 posts) -

I liked that girls plugs.

#16 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I thought the Michael ad was really great, but that was not very good in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the game, though--played the beta earlier today and it seems like it could be great fun in "couch co-op." I really miss playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with my brother/friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.