Jak & Daxter and Cole MacGrath join the roster.

#1 Posted by TurboMan (6943 posts) -

For the two people who didn't see it coming... Jak & Daxter(as one character) joins and Cole from Infamous joins.

Jak seems to have supers that turns him into Dark Jak and Cole's supers comes from the game... looks fun

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/15/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-cole-and-jak-join-the-fight/

This along with Haihachi and Toro's announcement from last week gives us 12 characters so far.

in b4 someone mentions that Sony is dooming the business because they're copying another game.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

@TurboMan said:

in b4 someone mentions that Sony is dooming the business because they're copying another game.

In before I tell that person that at least they're copying the right game.

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (7565 posts) -

Sure, sounds good.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

They also apparently showed off a Warhawk X Uncharted stage.

Also, it was mentioned Cole will have his electric powers and his cryokinetic powers but I guess he won't have his pyrokinetic powers? (canon inFamous 2 ending confirmed)

#5 Posted by Rabid619 (1078 posts) -

Jak and Daxter as one character sounds like it could be fun. I still really don't know how I feel about this game, but they seem to be getting all the right people for it, so I'm pretty optimistic towards it at this point. It needs to have a Hawk in it though. No Hawk, no buy!

#6 Edited by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

I guess this at least means practically all of the 'duh, course these will be in it' characters are scratched off (well, besides Ratchet/Clank), leaving only weirder and more out-of-place characters to fill up the rest of the roster.

EDIT: Oh, Jesus, there's still sackboy as well. Completely slipped my mind.

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@Yummylee: Solid Snake hasn't been confirmed yet.

#8 Posted by Andorski (5110 posts) -

EVO 2013 main tournament baby!

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@Andorski: I don't know if you're kidding or not, but it most probably will be at EVO 2013 as a main game.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Yummylee: Solid Snake hasn't been confirmed yet.

I'm still iffy on the idea for whether he will or not. He's certainly not one of the few that I would undoubtedly expect to get added in any case. Also, semantics, but if anything it would be Old Snake. x)

#11 Posted by Andorski (5110 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Andorski: I don't know if you're kidding or not, but it most probably will be at EVO 2013 as a main game.

I was joking, but as a fan of the SSB series I would actually stoked (and shocked) if this got enough high-end competitive attention to garner a spot at EVO.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@Andorski: Well, based merely on the competitive FGC guys behind the game's development I'd say it'll have some kind of presence at EVO 2013 for sure. If practically no one wants to play it, it might be relegated to a side thing like Skullgirls, though.

#13 Posted by Otacon (2194 posts) -

No. Effing. Way.

I'm expecting most of the real deep references to be with items etc.

Nevertheless this game is making me realise how much I love playstation history.

#14 Posted by Rabid619 (1078 posts) -

You know, just thinking, they really need to bring Big Boss into this. Solid Snake is all fine and dandy, but the world needs more Naked Snake.

If you know what I mean.

#15 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

Well, they went with the right incarnation of Jak, he's even got all the armor pieces, and Light Jak was in it too.

All in all good, but I won't get excited until we start seeing stuff like Klonoa, Tombi or Raziel.

Or the Silent Bomber dude, yeah what!?

#16 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

Well for those who don't know, Snake is basically all but confirmed to be in this. Cole's voice actor talked about doing voice work for this game on Twitter before E3, and mentioned that Nolan North (Drake) and David Hayter (Snake) were also working on it as well. All we need now is an official confirmation of which Snake it is. I'm thinking either Old Snake or Big Boss, but since they have costumes we'll probably see them both.

#17 Posted by Liquidus (939 posts) -

Couldn't they theoretically have Persona characters since it has been a PlayStation exclusive brand? Add the main character from P4 and have him play kinda like the Pokemon Trainer in SSBB.

#18 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

Anything is possible really. Big Daddy really opened the floodgates in terms of 3rd parties, so at this point anyone seems likely. Though if I has to guess a JRPG character, I'd go with someone from Square Enix. Cloud and Sora are very highly requested, but I can see Lightning getting in instead because of how hard Square has been pushing her lately. They really want us to like her, and I'm not sure why.

#19 Posted by mrpandaman (836 posts) -

C'MON MR.DOMINO!!!

I can also see the Prince from Katamari Damacy, Sir Daniel Fortesque from MediEvil, Raziel and/or Kain from the Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain series, also as others have said Tomba.

I won't complain that they aren't adding any specific characters until the game is officially out, because they'd want to keep some characters as surprises.

#20 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i want kain and raziel plus medievil

#21 Posted by TurboMan (6943 posts) -

@mrpandaman: I think a Katamari Demacy level would be fucking crazy/awesome.

#22 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

I'm wondering just how much the developers have taken the character requests in to account. They asked for suggestions so I assume they have at least 2 or 3 requested characters on the roster. It seems like all the most requested characters started on PS1 like Crash, Spyro, Sir Dan and Cloud, which I think sends a pretty clear message that we want older characters in this more than the current bunch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.