Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

Longest credits ever?

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By onan

This is insanity. These credits have been running for over 30 minutes already. At 15 minutes, I was already joking with myself that the credits were taking longer than the game, but I literally could have beaten it twice over in the time it's taking to run.

I saw a credit for "Hardware & Peripherals Packaging Manager" Annette Hu. Lady folds cardboard boxes for a living and Sony put her in the credits of a game that is neither hardware nor peripheral. I have no words.

This game may have finally broken me of the bad habit of sticking around for the credits. It's just brutal.

(Fun though.)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

Well, to be fair, folding cardboard boxes sounds like the most creative thing about the whole game.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Eternal Sonata has credits and a couple post-credits videos that felt like forever.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By onan

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Eternal Sonata has credits and a couple post-credits videos that felt like forever.

Maybe they were trying to be ironic?

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Blackout62

Well point be made, how many separate and 3rd party intellectual properties are in that game? Negotiating those credits must have been a legal extravaganza. I would love to read the long thread of emails between attorneys negotiating credits space.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi

I don't think anything can top Rayman Legends can it? I mean for real look at the video Vinny posted shortly after having Max. It is insanity.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By huntad

@Demoskinos said:

I don't think anything can top Rayman Legends can it? I mean for real look at the video Vinny posted shortly after having Max. It is insanity.

I think it was Rayman Origins, and yeah that was pretty crazy.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@onan said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Maybe they were trying to be ironic?

There is nothing ironic about Eternal Sonata. The game is sincere for better or worse. I don't know how long the credits really were but they felt long.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By mordukai

I think you've never played an Assassin's Creed game before. First one wasn't so bad but after Ubisoft hired the population of a small country the credit list is now it's own full feature.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By eskimo

The assassins creed (revelations) credits were insanely long, AND they had cutscenes after the end of the credits. You had to sit through 15-20 mins of credits to see the whole game. DICK MOVE!

edit: Oh HI Mordukai, I shoudlve read your post before making my own.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By onan

30 minutes beats that. Not hyperbole, I was chatting with a friend on IM and the final count between the initial message of "I just beat playstation all-stars," to "umm..." to "This is just a list of everyone that works at Sony," to "That's it, this is the corporate directory, they just deleted the phone extensions," to "STILL GOING," to "'Creative, Design, & Video Events,' what even IS that?" "to "OH SWEET MERCY IT'S OVER," was at least just over 31 minutes.

There's got to be a list out there somewhere. Guiness record or something.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By DarthOrange
    @onan said:

30 minutes beats that. Not hyperbole, I was chatting with a friend on IM and the final count between the initial message of "I just beat playstation all-stars," to "umm..." to "This is just a list of everyone that works at Sony," to "That's it, this is the corporate directory, they just deleted the phone extensions," to "STILL GOING," to "'Creative, Design, & Video Events,' what even IS that?" "to "OH SWEET MERCY IT'S OVER," was at least just over 31 minutes.

There's got to be a list out there somewhere. Guiness record or something.

I thought the same thing. I decided to watch them yesterday and holy shit!  

Seriously duders, the man is not kidding!

@Demoskinos said:

@mordukai said:

I think you've never played an Assassin's Creed game before. First one wasn't so bad but after Ubisoft hired the population of a small country the credit list is now it's own full feature.

These are the ridiculous credits for Battle Royale: 

Avatar image for translucentfish
    translucentfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By translucentfish

@DarthOrange: I guess that proves that.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By L44

These games are an absolute nightmare for me because I usually sit through the credits incase there's some wierd thing at the end.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mirado

@DarthOrange: Holy shit, I feel like you've done some sort of public service. That's just insane.

@onan: Nothing wrong with sticking around for the credits; I do it for every movie I go to as it takes a hell of a lot of work to make something like that. But, 30 minutes? Thank god my theater has a bar built in, and I wouldn't blame you for opening a bottle during that, because if any movie hit half an hour of credits I'd be well into my third drink at that point. For a game to do it is pretty...indulgent, to put it mildly.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By impartialgecko

Anyone have the credit roll for AC3?

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onan

@DarthOrange: Goddamn. While I knew it was super long, as I typed up the title of this thread, I was thinking, "I'm sure there's probably something longer, I just haven't seen it," but it looks like PASBR might actually have the longest credit sequence in gaming history. It's especially ridiculous when you can easily beat the game in less time than it takes for the credits to roll.

I'm tempted to put up a bounty of like a Steam game code or something in the general forum to see if anyone can find something longer.

advocatefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By advocatefish

Hilarious cuz i tried doing the same thing and man.

I fell into a few day dreams as they scrolled and when I came to i laughed and said "Well this i crazy" and hit start.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By awesomeusername

Good thing I always pushed "X" when they came. I think my Vita's battery will die out from boredom if I let it sit through it.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NiKva

I gave it 5 minutes before skipping. If its really as long as you say, then thank god I didn't wait it out :P

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By TohruAdachi

I didn't even bother watching it,seemed half-assed credits IMO

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Just finished Far Cry 3... I'm gonna go ahead and add that to the list too.

Freelancer52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the other end, I was really surprised on how short the Metro Last Light's credits were. Only about 3 minutes.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The credits in Sleeping Dogs go on for so long that they put in a fast forward button and it still takes forever.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I have a rule that I sit through the credits of any game that I have beaten, but thanks to this generation where credits get longer and longer I don't think I have the patience for that any more. I actually just leave the credits on in the background while doing other stuff.

I guess my rule is that I sit through the first 2-3 minutes and if the credits doesn't seem to end at that point, you can usually tell by this point if they start to credit different country studios: If they credit Japan then you know they are going to credit Europe etc. I'm looking at you Ubisoft!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.