Longest credits ever?

#1 Posted by onan (1282 posts) -

This is insanity. These credits have been running for over 30 minutes already. At 15 minutes, I was already joking with myself that the credits were taking longer than the game, but I literally could have beaten it twice over in the time it's taking to run.

I saw a credit for "Hardware & Peripherals Packaging Manager" Annette Hu. Lady folds cardboard boxes for a living and Sony put her in the credits of a game that is neither hardware nor peripheral. I have no words.

This game may have finally broken me of the bad habit of sticking around for the credits. It's just brutal.

(Fun though.)

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11638 posts) -

Well, to be fair, folding cardboard boxes sounds like the most creative thing about the whole game.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4673 posts) -

Eternal Sonata has credits and a couple post-credits videos that felt like forever.

#4 Posted by onan (1282 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Eternal Sonata has credits and a couple post-credits videos that felt like forever.

Maybe they were trying to be ironic?

#5 Posted by Blackout62 (1324 posts) -

Well point be made, how many separate and 3rd party intellectual properties are in that game? Negotiating those credits must have been a legal extravaganza. I would love to read the long thread of emails between attorneys negotiating credits space.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14517 posts) -

I don't think anything can top Rayman Legends can it? I mean for real look at the video Vinny posted shortly after having Max. It is insanity.

#7 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I don't think anything can top Rayman Legends can it? I mean for real look at the video Vinny posted shortly after having Max. It is insanity.

I think it was Rayman Origins, and yeah that was pretty crazy.

#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4673 posts) -

@onan said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Maybe they were trying to be ironic?

There is nothing ironic about Eternal Sonata. The game is sincere for better or worse. I don't know how long the credits really were but they felt long.

#9 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -

I think you've never played an Assassin's Creed game before. First one wasn't so bad but after Ubisoft hired the population of a small country the credit list is now it's own full feature.

#10 Edited by eskimo (473 posts) -

The assassins creed (revelations) credits were insanely long, AND they had cutscenes after the end of the credits. You had to sit through 15-20 mins of credits to see the whole game. DICK MOVE!

edit: Oh HI Mordukai, I shoudlve read your post before making my own.

#11 Posted by onan (1282 posts) -

30 minutes beats that. Not hyperbole, I was chatting with a friend on IM and the final count between the initial message of "I just beat playstation all-stars," to "umm..." to "This is just a list of everyone that works at Sony," to "That's it, this is the corporate directory, they just deleted the phone extensions," to "STILL GOING," to "'Creative, Design, & Video Events,' what even IS that?" "to "OH SWEET MERCY IT'S OVER," was at least just over 31 minutes.

There's got to be a list out there somewhere. Guiness record or something.

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3810 posts) -
@onan said:

30 minutes beats that. Not hyperbole, I was chatting with a friend on IM and the final count between the initial message of "I just beat playstation all-stars," to "umm..." to "This is just a list of everyone that works at Sony," to "That's it, this is the corporate directory, they just deleted the phone extensions," to "STILL GOING," to "'Creative, Design, & Video Events,' what even IS that?" "to "OH SWEET MERCY IT'S OVER," was at least just over 31 minutes.

There's got to be a list out there somewhere. Guiness record or something.

I thought the same thing. I decided to watch them yesterday and holy shit!  

Seriously duders, the man is not kidding!

@Demoskinos said:

@mordukai said:

I think you've never played an Assassin's Creed game before. First one wasn't so bad but after Ubisoft hired the population of a small country the credit list is now it's own full feature.

These are the ridiculous credits for Battle Royale: 

#13 Posted by translucentfish (127 posts) -

@DarthOrange: I guess that proves that.

#14 Posted by L44 (548 posts) -

These games are an absolute nightmare for me because I usually sit through the credits incase there's some wierd thing at the end.

#15 Posted by Mirado (983 posts) -

@DarthOrange: Holy shit, I feel like you've done some sort of public service. That's just insane.

@onan: Nothing wrong with sticking around for the credits; I do it for every movie I go to as it takes a hell of a lot of work to make something like that. But, 30 minutes? Thank god my theater has a bar built in, and I wouldn't blame you for opening a bottle during that, because if any movie hit half an hour of credits I'd be well into my third drink at that point. For a game to do it is pretty...indulgent, to put it mildly.

#16 Posted by adam1808 (1355 posts) -

Anyone have the credit roll for AC3?

#17 Posted by onan (1282 posts) -

@DarthOrange: Goddamn. While I knew it was super long, as I typed up the title of this thread, I was thinking, "I'm sure there's probably something longer, I just haven't seen it," but it looks like PASBR might actually have the longest credit sequence in gaming history. It's especially ridiculous when you can easily beat the game in less time than it takes for the credits to roll.

I'm tempted to put up a bounty of like a Steam game code or something in the general forum to see if anyone can find something longer.

#18 Posted by advocatefish (355 posts) -

Hilarious cuz i tried doing the same thing and man.

I fell into a few day dreams as they scrolled and when I came to i laughed and said "Well this i crazy" and hit start.

#19 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

Good thing I always pushed "X" when they came. I think my Vita's battery will die out from boredom if I let it sit through it.

#20 Posted by NiKva (128 posts) -

I gave it 5 minutes before skipping. If its really as long as you say, then thank god I didn't wait it out :P

#21 Posted by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

I didn't even bother watching it,seemed half-assed credits IMO

#22 Posted by RenegadeSaint (1519 posts) -

Just finished Far Cry 3... I'm gonna go ahead and add that to the list too.

#23 Posted by Freelancer52 (69 posts) -

On the other end, I was really surprised on how short the Metro Last Light's credits were. Only about 3 minutes.

#24 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

The credits in Sleeping Dogs go on for so long that they put in a fast forward button and it still takes forever.

#25 Posted by Castiel (2520 posts) -

I have a rule that I sit through the credits of any game that I have beaten, but thanks to this generation where credits get longer and longer I don't think I have the patience for that any more. I actually just leave the credits on in the background while doing other stuff.

I guess my rule is that I sit through the first 2-3 minutes and if the credits doesn't seem to end at that point, you can usually tell by this point if they start to credit different country studios: If they credit Japan then you know they are going to credit Europe etc. I'm looking at you Ubisoft!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.