I bought a PS4 camera today

#1 Edited by Kidavenger (3626 posts) -

It's tiny, so much smaller than I was expecting

the base is fairly interesting, looks like it will be easy to hang on a flat screen tv

It doesn't look like the camera will move very much, it's far too close to the base to rotate more than a few degrees

The back of the box is fairly funny/informative, looks like this will have a lot more uses than I was lead to believe, voice control, face recognition, movement tracking, if it works, it's a steal for $59.99

Some more pics to compare it size wise with kinect

It's actually perfect on top of the tv, the leg and the base directly under the camera is grippy rubber, once you set it on it won't be going anywhere.

#2 Posted by Optix12 (625 posts) -

I really hope the killzone with camera and 2nd controller bundle becomes a standard thing to buy after its released. Cant seem to find it anywhere except a few small places it will pop up for a day or 2 and sell out

#3 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5979 posts) -

That's way smaller than I thought it would be. I might get one at some point if I see enough practical implementations made for it.

#4 Posted by Sterling (2696 posts) -

I was expecting that to be kinect sized.

#5 Posted by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

Wow that's small. I'll get it down the line sometime after I get a PS4. So it comes with the stand? That's pretty good if it does.

#6 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2603 posts) -

That looks a lot more Kinecty than I was imagining.

Nice PS3 background by the way.

#7 Posted by schreiberty (208 posts) -

Is that the only camera for the ps4? Is it also the move or is it just an upgraded eye?

#8 Edited by Kidavenger (3626 posts) -

@schreiberty: it's the only camera as far as I'm aware, it's what you will use with the move controller/lightbars on the dualshock4 controllers.

#9 Edited by spraynardtatum (3653 posts) -

I hope you spoke with your lawyer

#10 Posted by GS_Dan (1397 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.