Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Eye

Accessory »

The PlayStation Eye is a digital camera & microphone for use with the PlayStation 3 console. It is also an integral part of the PlayStation Move motion controller.

Issues using the Eye on a PC.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Keeng

I've already gone through the rigorous process of getting the Eye to work as a webcam on a PC. I stopped using it on my computer about a month before the Move came out. I just started using it on the PC again, post-Move, and now whenever it's streaming video, it flickers. There's a static that covers the image every few seconds and then disappears. I doubt many people here have used the thing on a PC (because I couldn't find a forum thread about it!)  but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them!

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696

Try searching for new drivers.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Keeng

So I read your response and semi-subconsciously started to think "Heh, whatever, dude. Why wouldn't I have the latest driver? Clearly this guy thinks I'm some kind of idiot. I'll just stroll on over to the internet and make sure so I can laugh at this guy's stupid comment." I go to do that and shockingly I don't have the newest driver. I downloaded it and that actually didn't solve the problem BUT as it installed, it detected that I had performed a system restore since the last time I updated that driver. I had completely forgotten about that. So once I installed the camera again, everything worked fine. Thanks! 

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By azrailx

and then there was rainbows and sunshine!

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Keeng

Precisely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.