EA's Sports Complex tour video. Home looks worthwhile now!

#1 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

This is from the Playstation Blog. This is a video from CES. Check out this shit, it looks awesome, its full of cool visuals, very large so i expect tons of people in there, and there is LOTS to do. Thats a big thing because there aint shit to do in Home right now lol. They have all kinds of cool games  (especially Poker, to me poker felt left out of home in the beta, that game is perfect for Home) and theres a ranking system in all of them, and there are leaderboards that rank the scores of all the people currently in the complex (thats genius, lets say your number one, you would just stand infront of the scoreboard like a king) like this is allllll of this shit the GB crew was saying Home kind of needed in order for it to have a point, ya kno, give people something to do and reason to do it and to want to keep coming back and doing it again. This really has made me think positive about Home again.

  

#2 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

bump?

#3 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

bump again?

#4 Posted by LiquidPrince (15843 posts) -

Bump again again?

#5 Posted by Phished0ne (2482 posts) -

I agree!  This space looks good, provided people are to play(enough tables, etc) it should be good.  I want some poker braclets for my home dude....

#6 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

lol, yeah bracelets would be cool. 

i just think that if more and more developers do things like this, instead of the completely boring and pointless Fary Cry 2 and Uncharted areas, then Home actually will have a great future. I'm now waiting to see what 2K sports comes up with, as well as the creators of MLB 09 The Show. 

anyways, that warhawk room and resistance and trophy rooms all need to definitely be implemented soon. this open beta is hurting Home more than it helped it, people have been in the beta and have drawn their opinions of it and wont come back for anything now. 
#7 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

What's the point of having the main lure be a game though when you could play real games?
It just seems like a gimmick.

#8 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"What's the point of having the main lure be a game though when you could play real games?
It just seems like a gimmick."
well of course its all gimmicks, to draw you into a giant advertisments. but it all worth it here. besides its free....i get to play a half decent online poker game for free, and it has a ranking system. thats cool dude. 
#9 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

So...let me get this straight.

Home is an ENTIRELY seperate application I can use or am forced to use if i wanted large party type gameplay in an format like 360? a seperate application that when i boot up takes 5 minutes to load the people in the freaking world otherwise they are just white ghosts walking around, no one has a mic, most every one is dancing on girls...ect a seperate application so slow in loading just to look at trophies and do 2nd life stuff and do complicated MORE so then xbox live party searching and game launching.....yeah no thanks, but im serious i got onto home and it takes on average 5 minutes for white ghosts to actually convert to their human forms and i have a freaking fast comcast cable connection psn as a whole is slow outside of games *recently picked up socom and it took 2 hours to download the 1.30 update for the game*

#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (15843 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"So...let me get this straight.

Home is an ENTIRELY seperate application I can use or am forced to use if i wanted large party type gameplay in an format like 360? a seperate application that when i boot up takes 5 minutes to load the people in the freaking world otherwise they are just white ghosts walking around, no one has a mic, most every one is dancing on girls...ect a seperate application so slow in loading just to look at trophies and do 2nd life stuff and do complicated MORE so then xbox live party searching and game launching.....yeah no thanks, but im serious i got onto home and it takes on average 5 minutes for white ghosts to actually convert to their human forms and i have a freaking fast comcast cable connection psn as a whole is slow outside of games *recently picked up socom and it took 2 hours to download the 1.30 update for the game*"

That's not straight at all. It sort of curved with a sudden 90 degree angle... HOME was not meant for the stuff you just complained about.

#11 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"So...let me get this straight.

Home is an ENTIRELY seperate application I can use or am forced to use if i wanted large party type gameplay in an format like 360? a seperate application that when i boot up takes 5 minutes to load the people in the freaking world otherwise they are just white ghosts walking around, no one has a mic, most every one is dancing on girls...ect a seperate application so slow in loading just to look at trophies and do 2nd life stuff and do complicated MORE so then xbox live party searching and game launching.....yeah no thanks, but im serious i got onto home and it takes on average 5 minutes for white ghosts to actually convert to their human forms and i have a freaking fast comcast cable connection psn as a whole is slow outside of games *recently picked up socom and it took 2 hours to download the 1.30 update for the game*"

That's not straight at all. It sort of curved with a sudden 90 degree angle... HOME was not meant for the stuff you just complained about.

"
yeah for real. but this guy is always complaining. btw, it took me about 15 minutes to download the update.
#12 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I gotta admit this does look really very cool. If they push Home in this direction there is no reason why it can't be a huge success. I still think people are looking at it from the wrong perspective but, whatever, those people just moan for the sake of moaning.

This will be a great extension to the EA Sports games. Hopefully there will be a lot of people gathered around talking about football and stuff.

At the end of the day I consider Home to be a super well thought out, pimped chatroom. Meh, I may be the only one but I think it's quite good.

#13 Posted by KamasamaK (2408 posts) -

This doesn't specifically interest me, but it brings up the possibilities of what else could be done. The main reason it doesn't interest me is because I don't care for sports games, so I'd like to see this idea applied to other games.

#14 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -

Yay - let's play some golf... Oh no, it's full... Let's play with those mini cars... Oh no, it's full... etc... - That's what I hated on Home's Beta, there's nothing to do because everyone is playing. - Of course that, when it turns to a bigger world you'll have more chances of playing, anyway it sucks. - I like the enviroment that EA made for their space, it does looke awesome.

#15 Posted by Phished0ne (2482 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"I gotta admit this does look really very cool. If they push Home in this direction there is no reason why it can't be a huge success. I still think people are looking at it from the wrong perspective but, whatever, those people just moan for the sake of moaning.

This will be a great extension to the EA Sports games. Hopefully there will be a lot of people gathered around talking about football and stuff.

At the end of the day I consider Home to be a super well thought out, pimped chatroom. Meh, I may be the only one but I think it's quite good."

I agree, people look at Home the wrong way, its not meant to be a game, its just a virtual chatroom. This room will most likely get me to log back onto Home, just to check it out, so job well done. If it impresses i will go back times when i want to take a break between "real games".   Hopefully it turns out as good as it looks, but only time will tell.
#16 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

anyone have this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.