Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

how is home?

rasko9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rasko9

havent bin on there since it came out is it worth goin to now?
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

If you want your asshole licked and then filled with Lemonheads, absolutely. 

EDIT: We are talking about Gerstmann's home, right?
    rasko9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rasko9
    @BiffMcBlumpkin:
    wtf hahah 
    naw im talking about ps home
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I didn't hit the bottom of this thread but I did beat the Hell out of the sides, so it' not all bad.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

From what I've heard Playstation Home is still just a waste of time.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

They have some cool stuff going on with different games, competitions and so on. 
    It's way better than when it came out that's for sure. 

People are hating it because they were hyped for something they thought, dumb as they are, was supposed to be an MMO instead of what it was promised to be. 
    A 3D community chat with cool E3 shows and other stuff in that vein. The E3 stuff they did was really well done

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Grumbel
    @ZeForgotten said:
    People are hating it because they were hyped for something they thought, dumb as they are, was supposed to be an MMO instead of what it was promised to be.
    Actually I think most people hate it is because of the ridiculous long loading times. Transitions between rooms require loading, every two weeks you basically have to download each room again, thanks to updates, and all that mess. I wouldn't mind Home as a community chat, quite the opposite, but when it takes 10min to start the damn thing up its just useless as chat where you want to hop in check news, talk a bit and get out again.

Also wasn't one of the original ideas of home that you could use it as a game lobby? Meet there, talk a bit, then jump right into a game? Thats not fun if it takes longer to start Home then to play the game, for that to be successful Home would need to be basically as fast as the XMB, but its lightyears away from that (and even the XMB is slugish slow with loading its icons).
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mosespippy

It was alright when it had poker, but the EA sports complex was taken down for maintenance and never put back up (supposedly over contract disputes between EA and Sony over server hosting). As it stands now it takes too long to load anything and what does load isn't very interesting for long.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marcsman

Should be real interesting in a week. 
    I will not know though.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

I hear home is sweet.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mason

Ugh. What embarrassing waste of resources Home is/was. Ill conceived from the get-go but Sony has to keep it going, or else admit they wasted their efforts on a boondoggle.

Forgetting the social & lifestyle stuff (which admittedly isn't for me), I could get behind it if it was some kind of easy, breezy way of navigating content in polygonal space. Yeah, it's still completely pointless, but I might use it occasionally if was done like Fable 3. It's integrated & pops-up with the push of a button, almost no load time, clearly defined rooms, minimal walking around. Not saying Fable 3's navigation system isn't a dumb idea, but at least it's not a huge hassle.

Home's too slow, cumbersome & non-integrated for it to even serve as an alternative to dashboard navigation. So all we're left with is a big bulky chat room, in a world with a billion better avenues for socializing.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By abdo

Oh man, haven't been on Home in a loooong time. I only used it the first week when I got my PS3 and was waiting for my games to arrive. Haven't used it since then. But one thing I've noticed is the North American one has more "stuff", while the European one only gets something once in a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
    deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it still in "beta"?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I checked it out again for the Halloween event they had and was wondering why the hell it was taking so damn long to load, I was already in the lobby it's just the objects and people took like 5 minutes to load, ridiculous. 

Some of the events do look kind of neat though like the Killzone one going on right now.

DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarkTravesty

i only recently reinstalled it but only for that killzone 3 lobby mini game for my free 3 skill points playing that stupid game they made.  i haven't touched it since.

rockymedure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rockymedure

I had forgotten all about home.   Is anyone honestly surprised that it's buggy and worthless?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

I just don't understand who or what the PS home is for. I fiddled with it once or twice to see if anything changed from when I first tried it... and no. It's still kinda ridiculous and dumb. 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iam3green

i haven't been on home since my friend got ps3. good times, me and my friend played poker at this godfather place. we stopped playing after a couple of minutes because it kept on playing the same video over and over. it was like "who are you i am the godfather, what are you going to do about it" it was something along those lines.

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By ReapersPuppy

its def a lot diff then when it first came out..I go threw random phases where I'll be addicted to it for like 1-2months & then not play it for like 5months
    its something u play when your desperately bored! so if your bored & need something to entertain you then go for it..
     I do admit a lot of shit thats on it & that they have added to it has made it pretty cool but still not something you play
    unless your extremely bored,occasionally it can be pretty fun but that depends on what type of ppl are on that day

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Gabriel

Jesus home, I remember Leigh Alexander was whining about how Sony was scammed to get it by the popularity about Second Life or something.  How did Jack Trenton not pull the plug on this thing by now.

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By eristocrat

I should probably clean but it's still nice.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Belonpopo
    @rasko9:
    No Caption Provided
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Aus_azn

It was so stupid that I went and purposefully deleted its data on my HDD. Even though I'm nowhere near its capacity.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Its alright, kinda like the sims. 
    I didn't play it long. 
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By fox01313

Last I saw of PS Home when I tried it, the thing was still looking like some beta project (even when they stopped calling it a beta) that's ill-concieved & just an overglorified chat room with avatars where you can spend money to decorate the avatars or virtual home for really no other reason than funneling your $ to Sony to continue it.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FunExplosions

Are you able to purchase "unicycles" yet? ...Or whatever the hell is in that gadgets shop, or whatever it's called?

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By HS21

I "played" Playstation Home with a fellow Giant Bomber and we met Jesus and Satan while we were trying to get Yugioh advice in the Magic: The Gathering room.  We talk about this at 26:45 in here.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Claude
    @HS21 said:
    " I "played" Playstation Home with a fellow Giant Bomber and we met Jesus and Satan while we were trying to get Yugioh advice in the Magic: The Gathering room.  We talk about this at 26:45 in here. "

Whore

it is a good story, you should check it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.