Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Playstation 4: Home

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

So, I've been thinking alot about the future of games. I have dreams of running through the trees, Assassin's Creed IV. I think its a healthy problem to have. Dreams. I think its very positive to look to the future, and see where our wildest dreams take us.

So, PS Home. I never really understood the idea of buying a couch in PS Home. I just thought, "Why can't I do, the same thing I do in the Giantbomb chat, just 24/7? Like just chat, and shoot the shit. Talk about games!, dammit. So, for PS4, I think it'd be neat if they kept Home, and added virtual dedicated rooms, to chat in. Like, there'd be a movie hall, and there you could wander into the Action room, and talk about Lethal Weapon to whoever would listen to you, or the latest Tom Cruise movie (Obilvion). We could talk about WoW, the movie, the latest expansion. Or Bungie's Destiny game! Or, whatever basically.

I mean, I could just do that here. But.. I mean, some people here kinda don't wanna hear about that. People hear just wanna hear some dubstep. And that's cool. Whatever. But, I'd just like a near-future where I can, finish the latest Walking Dead Chapter, get in Home, sit down in a nice coffee shop, and talk about it. Buying an arcade machine is whatever. I just wanna hang out. I mean, fact is, the Giant Bomb chat is only available certain hours of the day, and I have to catch it. If I could do this whenever, and with a microphone, I dunno it'd be great I guess. We could pitch in for a Giant Bomb Server and.. well, play pool I guess..

I dunno, what do you guys want from next gen?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

not Home.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By envane

its called youtube comments 24/7 shit that makes you want yo be shot

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@GrantHeaslip: Well I think we simply need to grow the fuck up as a society. Trolling and sexual pervasion is just the result of people not understanding its not middle school anymore. High school is just middle school on Tard.

I think we can have some form of societal utopia, or something. Other wise, we'll just revert back to a lonely PS2 age, but we just happen to be online. Xbox is basically like that. Its just so lonely there. Staring at Major Nelson's face (ad) like its gonna tell me something.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Alright well, zero fucks are given from me if people don't want this and just want Hotline Miami 27.0, and trolls get their points. I'd like to think that we can regulate ourselves more diligently, rules and better restrictions can be implemented. Better ignore options.

But, what if they could build inside the PS4 disc games, a bar, and it would be a section of Home built in. I'm still thinking Assassin's Creed IV. Like you stop stabbing them bears, wander into this bar, and the game would section off maybe 4 people from PS Home. Kinda how Journey does.

Or they can put a 1st person roller-coaster somewhere in Home. All that more RAM would allow for better fake laser-quest free to play games.

I'm just shooting for anything here, thinking as I go.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Blu3V3nom07 said:

Alright well, zero fucks are given from me if people don't want this and just want Hotline Miami 27.0, and trolls get their points.

lol

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Blu3V3nom07 said:

Alright well, zero fucks are given from me if people don't want this and just want Hotline Miami 27.0, and trolls get their points. I'd like to think that we can regulate ourselves more diligently, rules and better restrictions can be implemented. Better ignore options.

But, what if they could build inside the PS4 disc games, a bar, and it would be a section of Home built in. I'm still thinking Assassin's Creed IV. Like you stop stabbing them bears, wander into this bar, and the game would section off maybe 4 people from PS Home. Kinda how Journey does.

Or they can put a 1st person roller-coaster somewhere in Home. All that more RAM would allow for better fake laser-quest free to play games.

I'm just shooting for anything here, thinking as I go.

This sounds neat. Like the WiiU message board concept with something worthwhile to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.