Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Playstation Home isn't horrible, it just lacks effort.

TalonLardner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By TalonLardner

I've been experimenting and looking around Home as of late, and to be honest, it does seem like it has LOADS of potential. However, it just feels like companies who put content into it just phone it home. Nothing really feels engaging, and games are sometimes (but not always) buggy and awkward. Not to mention the strange fascination with queues in an unlimited digital space. Either way, I don't think Home deserves the hate that many give it, but I can quite understand their frustrations.

TalonLardner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TalonLardner

I've been experimenting and looking around Home as of late, and to be honest, it does seem like it has LOADS of potential. However, it just feels like companies who put content into it just phone it home. Nothing really feels engaging, and games are sometimes (but not always) buggy and awkward. Not to mention the strange fascination with queues in an unlimited digital space. Either way, I don't think Home deserves the hate that many give it, but I can quite understand their frustrations.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

Nah it's horrible.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@laserbolts: yes
    Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Chemin

In theory PS Home is a solid Second Life clone. In practice it's just a clumsy interface for trailers and half-assed commercial-focused games - everything woven together with a broken social aspect without any engaging features. Nothing that would interest the majority of people. And since Home is available to each and every PS3 user, it will get a lot of smack talk from people not interested in the first place. That's just how it goes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.