Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Minis

Concept »

Bite size games for the PSP and the PSPgo.

New PS3 Firmware Enables PSP minis, Better Data Transfer

• 65 results
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @squidracerX said:
    " @niall077 said:
    "
    psp emulation on ps3? 

well isnt the psp a portable ps2?    

PS2 EMULATION COMING TO PS3 CONFIRMED!!!1!

someone get kotaku on the phone
    I'd like that myself (i have a 60gb so i have the ps2 on my ps3 anyway), but it doesn't sound like psp emulation yet unfortunately, it sounds like ps3 versions of the mini's... they haven't mentioned any games. i bet it will get there one day though. I loved my gba player on my gamecube! Lets cross our fingers! "
    psp is not a ps2. If you are going by graphics, they are similar, but then my wii is also a ps2. and my 360 is a ps3. so.. all console emulation confirmed?!?!!?!?!!?!?!!111one?!
    BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

I'd like to be able to play full PSP games on my PS3 since I sold my PSP, I don't see this happening though since aside from it being portable it would eliminate the need to buy actual PSP hardware at all.
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By FesteringNeon

I can't tell you how many times i've wanted to play WTF, Parappa, Patapon, Puzzle Quest (psp version)  on my ps3, and have it accessible from either device. It would really benefit both sides. I would totally buy a GO, and stop buying most regular PSN games that didn't support cross platform.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Media_Master

PSP games on the big screen doesn't sound huge, but I'm sure there are those that will enjoy the feature.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By AuthenticM

"but actually eradicating the PSP hardware entirely would be pretty cool, too"

LMAO!! Seriously!?

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Nasar7

This sounds pretty cool as there are quite a few PSP games I'd like to play but I'll never actually buy a PSP.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kennybaese

I hope they put full PSP games on my PS3 partly because if they can emulate a PSP they might be able to emulate a PS2 and I'll finally be able to play some old games I missed out on last gen.  

Oh, and I'll be able to play Chains of Olympus which would be sweet.

xync4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By xync4

I'd love to play psp on ps3, even if it forces you to play in a border (like quick looks), but something says Sony would rather I buy a PSP GO instead of giving me a reason for not needing one.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By MikeFightNight
    @AuthenticM said:
    ""but actually eradicating the PSP hardware entirely would be pretty cool, too"  LMAO!! Seriously!? "

Dude you should know Jeff doesn't like handhelds by now.  He likes big screens and couches. not that I blame him.
    singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By singular

I never understood the need to play your PSP on a television or to play handheld versions of a game on a full console.
    squidracerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#61  Edited By squidracerx
    @Xeiphyer: I don't know if  niall077 really meant that the psp is a ps2, because you're right its not, but I took it as he meant if the PS3 emulates one console (and the psp is different enough from ps3 architecture that it would need emulation), and that psp they emulate is so close to the ps2 in how it performs, why not emulate the ps2 as well, but that's just how I read what he/she said... As i said though, I don't think they are emulating the psp anyway right now, at least "on console", i think these will either be straight up ports, or emulation embedded in the mini game itself i na case by case basis, but who knows???
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Branthog

So thanks to DRM idiocy, it's still a giant "fuck you" to anyone who got rid of their other PS3 or had it stolen. Nice. Let's continue to make things as complex as possible. It's really great.

kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kagekage
    @CrazedJoker: Yeah, but it seems like Sony will lose sales on the PSP. Gamers mainly play at homes and I rarely take my PSP out of the house. It's just one more reason to not use it any further.
    abrasion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By abrasion

SON OF A GODDAMN BITCH (if you don't mind the language Jeff)
    God @#!$%^ing damnit.

I'm in Australia and I just got a very cheap slim deal (for over here) and thought I'd retire my dusty, now noisy fat. I too backed up 64gb of stuff, took 2.5 hours and it restored basically nothing, including even demos, DEMOS for goodness sakes.

Glad they are fixing this but how annoying, I can only download 65gb a month as it is.

GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By GozerTC

Personally I'm all for playing PSP games on the PS3.  Especially if it lets me play some of the strategy RPGs on the PSP on my PS3.   There's a few reasons here that most everyone has hit on:  

1.  I don't own a PSP but I own a PS3.  Why spend another $200 on top of the games?  
    2.  I don't like the small size of handhelds because I have big hands.   
    3.  I have a very comfy couch and large TV.  Why play on such a small screen?   
    4.  I have a 1 year old daughter who already attacks my controller, how much worse would it be to be the whole system?  
    5.  I'm the primary driver of the family car, I wouldn't be able to play during any trip.   

So yeah, PSP not for me.  Had one several years ago and it was stolen and I never felt a need to replace it.  But there's still some nice SRPG games on there I'd like to try. :)  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.