Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Move Support

Concept »

PlayStation Move is a motion control system for the PlayStation 3 console, allowing for fluid control of objects in a simulated 3D space.

Move as light gun, how good is it?

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Grumbel

In terms of detection of position in space, the Move is clearly superior to the Wii, but what about when using the Move as lightgun/pointing device? Does it work better then the Wii or does it have issues precision, lag, drift or whatever? Does it provide lightgun-like 1:1 mapping or just relative movement like the Wii (i.e. you control a cursor on screen instead of directly aiming at objects on the screen)?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

You should check out the dead space extraction quick look.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Grumbel

Already done that. I was more interesting in peoples first hand experience with it and direct comparison with the Wiimote. From pure video its hard to tell how bad the lag, precision, etc. is.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BulletproofMonk

It's really precise. I don't know if it's completely 1:1, but it's pretty damn close.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.